Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion If the equivalent of internet existed in a medieval fantasy world, Would things be the same?

Netzachcel

Netzachcel

Captain
★★
Joined
Apr 2, 2021
Posts
1,637
Online
13d 3h 20m
Okay, Lets say theres a fantasy medieval world with magic and bullshit, Scholars of this world manage to create something similar to modern internet and for some reason even poor peasants can afford it (this is a fictional world) , But instead computers you have magic "books" where you are able to chat with other medieval folks, You can record/take pictures with a magical crystal watch "videos" , "download" information and even play text based games, Then is only a matter of time before something akin to social media is created, Is basically the same as our modern internet but with less games and and websites, So if medieval internet existed in a fantasy world do you think it would fuck things over like what happened to us? Would it create hypergamy and unrealistic mating standards? What do you think would happen if internet existed in a medieval fantasy world? Would medieval internet increase the population of medievalcels and promote slut culture/degeneracy? Is there any chance it would be different? If not,How would you prevent it if you were the king?

Note : This magic technology is developed in a slighly utopian kingdom and most peasants know how to write and use this artifacts, This kingdom is surrounded by smaller/poorer realms who are no match for it, Similar to USA and third world countries.

Note 2 : Im not a bookworm worldbuilder so i have no extensive knowledge about medieval times, Just the basics.

Note 3 : This "internet" is cheap and easy to produce, It works with special crystals that are abundant on the land and just need to be carved with runes and sigils in order work.
 
Last edited:
mNFwTJ3wz9

mNFwTJ3wz9

Everyone except me is a Fed ﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽﷽
★★★★★
Joined
Nov 17, 2019
Posts
5,934
Online
80d 12h 25m
Peasants were only peasants because the manpower needed for farming was high. This leads to little free time and relative poverty. You can't really have peasants in utopia since farming would be automated.
Ignoring that -
Netzachcel said:
Would it create hypergamy and unrealistic mating standards?
Would directly result in chad harems.
Netzachcel said:
Would medieval internet increase the population of medievalcels and promote slut culture/degeneracy?
Give foids any opportunity and they will trade sex for gain. (directly or indirectly)
 
crestfallencel

crestfallencel

Overlord
★★★★★
Joined
Dec 16, 2019
Posts
9,805
Online
129d 14h 36m
it all depends on whether men maintain the power to publicly shame whores, by putting them the stocks, mutilating their faces, burning them at the stake, etc.
 
Transcended Trucel

Transcended Trucel

Scholar of Conciousness
★★★★★
Joined
Feb 16, 2019
Posts
22,374
Online
224d 6h 12m
crestfallencel said:
it all depends on whether men maintain the power to publicly shame whores, by putting them the stocks, mutilating their faces, burning them at the stake, etc.
:yes:
 
Mentally lost cel

Mentally lost cel

Commander
★★★★
Joined
Jul 5, 2020
Posts
3,321
Online
21d 3h 27m
Netzachcel said:
Okay, Lets say theres a fantasy medieval world with magic and bullshit, Scholars of this world manage to create something similar to modern internet and for some reason even poor peasants can afford it (this is a fictional world) , But instead computers you have magic "books" where you are able to chat with other medieval folks, You can record/take pictures with a magical crystal watch "videos" , "download" information and even play text based games, Then is only a matter of time before something akin to social media is created, Is basically the same as our modern internet but with less games and and websites, So if medieval internet existed in a fantasy world do you think it would fuck things over like what happened to us? Would it create hypergamy and unrealistic mating standards? What do you think would happen if internet existed in a medieval fantasy world? Would medieval internet increase the population of medievalcels and promote slut culture/degeneracy? Is there any chance it would be different? If not,How would you prevent it if you were the king?

Note : This magic technology is developed in a slighly utopian kingdom and most peasants know how to write and use this artifacts, This kingdom is surrounded by smaller/poorer realms who are no match for it, Similar to USA and third world countries.

Note 2 : Im not a bookworm worldbuilder so i have no extensive knowledge about medieval times, Just the basics.

Note 3 : This "internet" is cheap and easy to produce, It works with special crystals that are abundant on the land and just need to be carved with runes and sigils in order work.
No
 
To koniec

To koniec

5'8 'man'
Joined
Apr 14, 2020
Posts
3,014
Online
54d 10h 26m
interesting thread, but just as said before peasants wouldn't have free time to use it and going by pyramind of needs they rather would traded it for money or food. Also what about illiteracy rate ? they couldn't read, such high literacy around modern population is very modern event

L @Lebensmüder
Netzachcel @Netzachcel
 
Caesercel

Caesercel

Just pass me the rope already
★★★★★
Joined
Jun 14, 2020
Posts
11,846
Online
143d 11h 7m
Internet without the context of industrial revolution doesn't make sense. Might as well give them magic. (Infact they would see modern technology as sorcery)
 
AllanKing

AllanKing

rice, emperor of central empire
★★
Joined
May 5, 2021
Posts
2,123
Online
24d 2h 15m
maybe a little but not so much,travel is slow and dangerous,foids can't travel very far,they also have to rely on their husbands to bring up their kids and society is conservative,they can't afford to be sluts
 
shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape7
shape8
Top