Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel I wish i didn't spend so much time living inside my head

Joelossus

Joelossus

high T af, and a psychopath
-
I just realized, that the majority of my memories, which i've stored from my time as a teenager.
Didn't took place in the "real world" but rather inside of my own head. They're nothing but mere products of my imagination.

I think i always had the tendency, to drift of into the daydream world, even as a young kid. But as i grew older, and become more socially isolated, my day dreaming became maledaptive.

I would like to say, that i wish i would've choosen a different path. However thinking back on my life back then, i don't think i ever had a choice to begin with.
My severe day dreaming was simply a result of me lacking better options. It was a coping mechanism, which back then worked the best for me.

There was just nothing in the real world, that made me wanna life in it. Getting bullied in school, growing up with parents who sometimes ignored me for weeks, and didn't really cared about my well being. Hell why would i wanna live in such a depressing enviroment, if i could create a far superior one inside of my head?

Occasionally I would spend hours, pacing up and down my room while listening to music, just imagining a different life for myself. You could safely say that i was addicted to day dreaming.

I would even skip school sometimes, just so i could spend more time within my dream world. Instead of having to face reality, i would aimlessly walk arround my town. While imagining myself having a great social life and career.

Ironically enough, i was missing out on having a social life right then and there, and didn't do a thing to change that. Neither did i spend this time laying out the foundations of having a great career. No, i pretty much just wasted all this time.

But then again, i have to ask myself, why? Why didn't i tried to work torwards my goals, rather than wasting so much time doing basically nothing?

I guess the answer to that is, that my past experiences, just didn't provided me with the confidence to do so. I choose day dreaming over real life, because i was convinced that any attempt, in changing my life would only end up being a failure.

And i didn't wanted to face the possibility, that the things i was daily dreaming about, were in reality unattainable for me. So i choose to be pleasantly ignorant, until reality started hitting me with all it's force, arround the time when i turned 20.

Now i'm just a broken man, who has no hope for the future. And basically just waits for his own demise. It's over.

Last edited:
I basically live in my head also. I have a whole fictional “tv show” thats been running since I was 12. It’s giga cope but its fun. It’s basically my life but I’m a super cool assassin or whatever and I’m battling my way up the ranks to the number 1 spot and I like thinking of fake people to fight. Unironically have spent like 20% of my life doing this for 5 years

I fantasize a ton tbh.

@Daydreamincel

Also I do the same thing with pacing with headphones while thinking of a different life. I do that every day still

I wonder how many people here Maladaptive daydream. It’s sort of addicting for me.
Also I do the same thing with pacing with headphones while thinking of a different life. I do that every day still

Do you get the urge to do it randomly or is that just me?

I wonder how many people here Maladaptive daydream. It’s sort of addicting for me.

Yeah. Usually right after I wake up, after jacking off, and late at night are my usual times though. So I guess not totally random

I daydream a lot ngl. Real life is so fucking boring

Neat that someone else does the same thing. What kinda music? For me it’s rock stuff but no lyrics since I don’t like hearing peoples voices that much. Mostly fighting game soundtracks although I also like the hotline miami soundtracks

I think that pacing thing, is one of the main symptoms of maledaptive day dreaming

In my case it usually hits me randomly aswell.

I basically live in my head also. I have a whole fictional “tv show” thats been running since I was 12. It’s giga cope but its fun. It’s basically my life but I’m a super cool assassin or whatever and I’m battling my way up the ranks to the number 1 spot and I like thinking of fake people to fight. Unironically have spent like 20% of my life doing this for 5 years
lmao.
I mainly fantasize when i'm in bed. or when playing a game

Its comical that we can only dream of an existence where we are sexually attractive to females, because we know it’s impossible for us in reality

I'm not a fan of the real world, and, to me, the abstract always seemed better than the concrete, so I don't necessarily wish I had spent less time in my head, but I do wish I had spent more time absorbing information than fantasizing about things which can never be or ruminating on the same things over and over again. Excessive introspection and daydreaming can get in the way sometimes, because you constantly get lost in thought when you're trying to study or complete some task, but it can also be a benefit, because it leads you to think about things deeply.

Though, I guess my lack of experience does sometimes make me less useful. For example, something I never learned to do well is tie knots; if I had spent less time fantasizing and had made the effort to learn how, it would probably have come in handy at least a few times.

Reminder that life is only boring if you're average/below

Last edited:
Over for imaginationcels

You should have made this thread an incel trait thread. I’m constantly in my own head. For once I would just like to experience life as it is in the moment.

Most of my thoughts are fantasy based since I don't actually do anything.

Intense daydreaming is absolutely an incel trait. If you can’t get enjoyment from this world construct one where you can.

For loners, it's the only option we have. Stay strong folks

it sucks and results in myself having to talk to myself all the fucking time

It’s maladaptive if it affects what needs to get done. Other than that, I hear it has way more positive effects than negatives one such as it helps you become a lot more creative

I choose day dreaming over real life, because i was convinced that any attempt, in changing my life would only end up being a failure.
same. I destroyed my life during highschool by completely running away from responsabilities and not learning, i was always close to fail classes and any friend i had in school ran away from me. i feel like i will not able to get back to normal, at least to be able to focus when doing work. :feelsrope:

You should have made this thread an incel trait thread. I’m constantly in my own head. For once I would just like to experience life as it is in the moment.
Fuck, you're right. Missed a huge oppertunity for another incel trait thread there.
It’s maladaptive if it affects what needs to get done. Other than that, I hear it has way more positive effects than negatives one such as it helps you become a lot more creative
In my case it distrected me from a lot of stuff, which i should've done.

I daydream about an epic story. JFL at being born an "ideas guy" with no talent for drawing, coding or 3D modelling.
It would resonate with a lot of people if it somehow materialized in a decent enough form. What a fucking joke of a life I lead.

Fuck, you're right. Missed a huge oppertunity for another incel trait thread there.
In my case it distrected me from a lot of stuff, which i should've done.
You are aware which means you’ve already understand what needs to change which is good. This problem is foreign to most and I doubt it’s linked to any negative psychotic behaviors. It’s just a coping mechanism at least from what I’ve been reading about it

Just change it up a little and that’s it. Don’t dwell on it and especially don’t perceive it as a mere negative