Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I will never understand the weird mindgames behind normie social interactions

ShiiOfTheSPLC

ShiiOfTheSPLC

KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM
★★★★★
whenever people use weird terminology like "ghosting", "curving", "leaving on read", "gaslighting", etc... I just wonder what the point is? why is all of that bullshit so common that there has to be terms for it? one would think that being a normal, socially competent person implies that you can express your emotions clearly and maturely. instead it's literally the exact opposite. your social competence is actually measured by your ability to communicate via "subtle signs" and "playing games"

honestly I think the vast majority of interpersonal relationships in general (not just romantic) are completely superficial and/or material. very few people on this Earth can genuinely relate and empathize with each other. this is a big part a part of why there's so many people going to therapy nowadays, too. people don't feel comfortable venting to their "friends" because the average person is a narcissistic predator and if you make yourself vulnerable in front of them, they'll take the opportunity to pounce

Its because normies are evil, they always try to one-up eachother.

your avi has killed more man then all posts in incels co combined.

brutal.

They are looking to shun somebody. People that shun others are equally distressed apparently...

They like hurting others.

This article is wrong because the shunners are self-reporting that they feel guilty. They're lying.

I think people shun people because it makes them feel good and superior.

people don't feel comfortable venting to their "friends" because the average person is a narcissistic predator and if you make yourself vulnerable in front of them, they'll take the opportunity to pounce
Either that or they flat out won’t give a shit about their problems

i always thought of myself as a pump, you step on a pump to inflate something, just like how bullying inferior males inflates a normalfags ego.

basically if a normie ever wants to be your friend or is nice to you its because they r using you as an emotional shoulder or something because your presence makes them feel better about themselves.

whenever people use weird terminology like "ghosting", "curving", "leaving on read", "gaslighting", etc... I just wonder what the point is? why is all of that bullshit so common that there has to be terms for it? one would think that being a normal, socially competent person implies that you can express your emotions clearly and maturely. instead it's literally the exact opposite. your social competence is actually measured by your ability to communicate via "subtle signs" and "playing games"

honestly I think the vast majority of interpersonal relationships in general (not just romantic) are completely superficial and/or material. very few people on this Earth can genuinely relate and empathize with each other. this is a big part a part of why there's so many people going to therapy nowadays, too. people don't feel comfortable venting to their "friends" because the average person is a narcissistic predator and if you make yourself vulnerable in front of them, they'll take the opportunity to pounce
THIS! every group has a designated loser that normies collectively bully or ostracize.
They like hurting others.
Exactly normies are covert sociopaths

whenever people use weird terminology like "ghosting", "curving", "leaving on read", "gaslighting", etc... I just wonder what the point is? why is all of that bullshit so common that there has to be terms for it?

Precisely for the reasons you mention later.

Social interactions are rarely blunt and direct. I've never fully understood why humans use incomplete information in social interactions and rely heavily on inference. Being direct and lacking subtlety is viewed as being socially inept and awkward, as if telepathy is supposed to be a social skill.

Oh, but wait. There are enough clues from voice tone and inflection to body language and environmental context for me to be able to piece together the full meaning. And if I can't, I'm not socially intelligent and it's my loss. For a species that emphasizes the importance of communication and is fully capable of it, there sure are a lot of information gaps in communication.

one would think that being a normal, socially competent person implies that you can express your emotions clearly and maturely. instead it's literally the exact opposite. your social competence is actually measured by your ability to communicate via "subtle signs" and "playing games"

That makes too much sense, so nobody does it.

Yes.

I’m fucking sick of social cues man