Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I was watching the movie Gallipoli and I don't get why ANZAC Chadstralians volunteered for WW1

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
Imagine it's 1915 and you live in an island 15,000km away from the war, the only news you get are from the newspaper or radio. There is no conscription in your country and even if you're homies with the Triple entente no one is going to force you to fight. You can spend your free time just playing rugby or hunting or whatever they did to pass time in those years.

Why would you voluntarily sign up for ANZAC and then die in the brutal trench warfare very far from home is something I will never understand kek were guys so easy to manipulate back then? Did they have an idealized image of war thinking it was just a game?

Don't talk to me about "values", "bravery", "honor" or "manhood" volunteering for a war will always be DUMB

Especially as WW1 was a war completely devoid of any ideology, none of the soldiers knew what they were even fighting over.

Males were quite beleaguered back then, that's undeniable.
I think it could have also been peer pressure like old men telling you it's time you serve your country (kek) plus other guys your age joining ANZAC for their own dumb reasons and you don't want to look like a coward. I guess this was the situation for many. That and ignorance about how war really is.

Imagine it's 1915 and you live in an island 15,000km away from the war, the only news you get are from the newspaper or radio. There is no conscription in your country and even if you're homies with the Triple entente no one is going to force you to fight. You can spend your free time just playing rugby or hunting or whatever they did to pass time in those years.

Why would you voluntarily sign up for ANZAC and then die in the brutal trench warfare very far from home is something I will never understand kek were guys so easy to manipulate back then? Did they have an idealized image of war thinking it was just a game?

Don't talk to me about "values", "bravery", "honor" or "manhood" volunteering for a war will always be DUMB
They felt it made them manly or gave them honor.