Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I want to live in my own head and imagination. No matter what I'm doing and where I am in real life (like work), I want to sort of be dissociated.

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I want to detach myself from my physical reality and sort of live in my head.

So let's say when I go to work, I want to be able to sort of be at work and do what's required of me with a tiny portion of my attention and brain power, and use the rest of my attention span and brain power to live in my imagination and daydream about whatever.

I don't know, maybe it's a stupid thought. I just know that I want to escape when I'll be forced to wageslave and do shit I hate for 8 hours a day.

Is it possible?

Last edited:
If your work is repetetive then yes. I used to work as a stocker in a supermarket and it was nice turning your mind to zero and just dreaming while you earned some bucks. The pay was shit though.

I just know that I want to escape when I'll be forced to wageslave and do shit I hate for 8 hours a day.

Is it possible?
I think it depends upon the work you're doing. For instance, I can't be heavily dissociated if I'm doing something that requires a great deal of concentration. But if it's just repetitive bullshit which requires no thought and little concentration, then I can kinda be in my own head.

If your work is repetetive then yes. I used to work as a stocker in a supermarket and it was nice turning your mind to zero and just dreaming while you earned some bucks. The pay was shit though.
I think it depends upon the work you're doing. For instance, I can't be heavily dissociated if I'm doing something that requires a great deal of concentration. But if it's just repetitive bullshit which requires no thought and little concentration, then I can kinda be in my own head.
Makes sense. Worst of all would be some repetitive shit that requires focus.

I have like 10 different imaginary scenarios in my head that I've been developing and day dreaming of since I was like 16. It was my only cope for a long time. But now even my brain is rotten and I can't day dream without reality creeping in

I have like 10 different imaginary scenarios in my head that I've been developing and day dreaming of since I was like 16. It was my only cope for a long time. But now even my brain is rotten and I can't day dream without reality creeping in
Maybe you can unrot your brain at a certain point? I certainly hope so cause otherwise I'm fucked, my brain atm is a piece of shit. Joe Biden is probably more (I've been thinking of a word for this for 1 minute now, god damn I'm retarded), let's just say he has a more agile brain or something.

Anyway, how vivid do those daydreams get? I feel like my imagination/daydreams and actual dreams are very washed out. I can imagine anything, but it's not very vivid.

Maybe you can unrot your brain at a certain point? I certainly hope so cause otherwise I'm fucked, my brain atm is a piece of shit. Joe Biden is probably more (I've been thinking of a word for this for 1 minute now, god damn I'm retarded), let's just say he has a more agile brain or something.

Anyway, how vivid do those daydreams get? I feel like my imagination/daydreams and actual dreams are very washed out. I can imagine anything, but it's not very vivid.
They used to be very vivid and strong. I remember I used to get caught smiling like a moron because I would get lost in my daydreams. They used to make me happy, I used to get excited about going to bed early and turning off the lights just to day dream for an hour before sleeping. But now my anxiety takes over. I can't keep a train of thought going and always get distracted by my reality, fears and inseucrities. It's just not working

They used to be very vivid and strong. I remember I used to get caught smiling like a moron because I would get lost in my daydreams. They used to make me happy, I used to get excited about going to bed early and turning off the lights just to day dream for an hour before sleeping. But now my anxiety takes over. I can't keep a train of thought going and always get distracted by my reality, fears and inseucrities. It's just not working
Good news though, that's all fixable. It will take a lot of effort and a willingness to accept help and change by you, but it's very doable to get over all those things. I'm sure you can do it buddy, don't give up.

Maybe 100 years from now when the matrix becomes a real concept

I feel like my imagination/daydreams and actual dreams are very washed out. I can imagine anything, but it's not very vivid.
It's better if you're well rested, and try to concentrate heavily on it beforehand. Often I'll do something simple like focus on my breathing, and tune out the world around me. Sometimes it sort of feels like I'm in two places at once, but I have to choose which one to direct my attention towards, if that makes sense.

It's better if you're well rested, and try to concentrate heavily on it beforehand. Often I'll do something simple like focus on my breathing, and tune out the world around me. Sometimes it sort of feels like I'm in two places at once, but I have to choose which one to direct my attention towards, if that makes sense.
I actually read up on aphantasia and went on their subreddit, that's where I learned that there are degrees of vividness. Some people can't imagine at all, for some people it's very vague and hard to focus, for some it's washed out but they can imagine anything like me, and for some it's like you, it seems like another reality. Tbh I'm jealous.

I actually read up on aphantasia and went on their subreddit, that's where I learned that there are degrees of vividness. Some people can't imagine at all, for some people it's very vague and hard to focus, for some it's washed out but they can imagine anything like me, and for some it's like you, it seems like another reality. Tbh I'm jealous.
Well it took me a considerable amount of time to do this, a couple years now actually, at least of actively trying. So long as you can visualize things at all, you should be able to improve your capacity to do so, at least to some extent. When I was younger it was a lot more abstract, I could create still images, but that's about it.

There are mental exercises you can do, like trying to visualize your entire visual field (this only works if you're imagining a real place you've been or permanent space you constructed). Also picking up objects, trying to imagine the feeling, and rotating them works well for me.

Well it took me a considerable amount of time to do this, a couple years now actually, at least of actively trying. So long as you can visualize things at all, you should be able to improve your capacity to do so, at least to some extent. When I was younger it was a lot more abstract, I could create still images, but that's about it.

There are mental exercises you can do, like trying to visualize your entire visual field (this only works if you're imagining a real place you've been or permanent space you constructed). Also picking up objects, trying to imagine the feeling, and rotating them works well for me.
Ohh I thought you were born that way. That's pretty cool, that might be something worth doing.

day dreaming is suifuel but cope

If it’s a repetitive job then it should be easy. If it was a high iq STEM job it will be pretty difficult since you actually have to think

This is actually one of my favourite copes, I myself have 4 main imaginary scenarios, though it did get difficult to develop them as I grew older, and sometimes reality hits you hard, and you realize no amount of daydreaming will make you feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back