Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I want to go back to school

AsiaCel

AsiaCel

ACCELERATIONIST INCEL DEATH SQUAD
★★★★★
I'm 24 yrs programmer. Subconsciously, I am having lots of dreams about returning to the school times of the past, but this time, was a bit different.

Just now, I had a dream where i went to med school; I know it's not for someone that "lowly" as me, someone with a piss poor ADHD tier material (this stuff's important in med school)

While status was definitely a part of the motive that I chosen to "study" in there, there was also the social motive.

I hope I have something to work towards. I hope I still had a group of friends. I hope that goal is achievable; a concise goal that you can pass an exam on or something. I hope I could meet foids on means other than dating apps (I know I aint getting laid but at least having "access" gives me the illusion of hope)

I feel like I have identified the majority of my bane - that the modern world is largely unorganized and unordered - there is nothing to work towards, that nothing is guaranteed. Its a big reason why I support fascism/similar ideologies, because it addresses exactly this.

Last edited:
School was just as shit as work/college now.

Only thing that was good back in the day:

- No Smartphones
- No Social Media
- No Onlyfans

School was just as shit as work/college now.

Only thing that was good back in the day:

- No Smartphones
- No Social Media
- No Onlyfans
I've lived in a era where it was before smartphone or at least the start of it. Life was SO MUCH better. 2011-2014 :cryfeels:

I mean, you're still young, I know you said you have ADHD, but do you actually have any aspirations beyond programming? It's not impossible to learn stuff with ADHD. Please forgive me, as I don't have it myself, but I have witnessed others on /r9k/ and other places describe it in vivid detail. I've personally seen 50-60 year old people who decided they wanted to make the most of life, end up working hard and heading to Medical School in order to become a doctor.

School sucks in the fact that it is a piss poor way of actually learning anything, but that's not what you're heading there for in the end (if you're not a retard who thinks that anything they 'learn' will be of use).

Do you like to read? I'm not going to tell you that you should go back to school right now, because that would be setting you up for failure. But I will ask if you like to read, or if you already read books. If your answer is no, then if you want to get anywhere, you're going to have to develop the skill to actually learn to like reading. Once you have this skill, your life becomes substantially better.

For some reason, society likes to go on about this grift regarding knowledge and school, and they like to pretend that school somehow signifies your intelligence. However, the truth is that credentials and grades mean jack with regards to intellect. You can determine who is intelligent simply based off of whether or not they read books. You probably heard the term 'books are knowledge' or something similar when you were younger.

People often disregard this idea because as they age, they start to pretend that they're smart instead of actually working to be intelligent, so they just end up making up false categorizations of wit, then end up placing themselves within those categorizations (Yes, this means IQ is nigh irrelevant).

But in the end, books REALLY are knowledge. That's not a lie.

Who do you think is saying those type of phrases? The people saying it are all people who realized this far too late in their life and decided to try and save others from the BS that is academia.

Literally just read, and you'll become smarter. It doesn't even really matter what, it could be a fictional tale for all that matters. If you're like the old version of me, you'll probably try and read a book and realize that you are incredibly retarded and can't understand what the plot is even supposed to be. That's fine, keep pushing on. Search up chapter summaries online and see what the chapter was talking about. Search up words you don't know.

Once you get better at reading, dedicate some time to reading other non-fiction books. And after that -- start to read books regarding Medical Science or whatever it is you want to do. If you do this for maybe 2-3 years regularly before you even sign up to Medical School, you'll very quickly come to find that the entirety of courses are piss easy because the courses are made for retards who have done nothing expect extract 95% of their knowledge from classes and school-issued textbooks.

Having a general knowledge of the subject beforehand from ACTUAL literature trivializes the process. There might be some extremely specific questions that the book you read won't have covered, but since you have that general knowledge of the subject, you can often just assume what the answer is, or if you really need to, just make flash cards and use Anki.

Some people might deny what I'm saying, but it's true. The people who go to colleges of all kinds, including Ivy Leagues, are extremely stupid.

TLDR; Just learn to read, and if you really want to improve your life, you absolutely can still go back to school and get a degree. Reading is all you really need, and the rest of zoomers and society at large these days are pretty retarded and are prime targets to be controlled and manipulated by intelligent people. You can become that intelligent person if you just learn to read.