Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I understood the Joker's knock knock joke

ONION BURPS

ONION BURPS

Most men die at 27 — We just bury them at 72
In the 2019 jokER film, Arthur, played by Joaquin Phoenix, while he's on the Murray show, says a knock knock joke. It goes,

Knock knock

Who's there?

The police, ma'am. Your son was hit by a drunk driver. He's dead.

Everyone shamed him for this. Boos were heard from the audience. Yet, he laughed hysterically. When I first watched it, that joke went over my head. I wasn't distraught by it, I just didn't get it. After living a little more, contemplating a lot on the clown world we live in, I rewatched that scene and it hit me. I actually laughed along with him. I totally understood what he was getting at. If anything, that was the best 'joke' I've heard in years.

The comedy greats all fuse culturally taboo topics into thoughtful, almost poetic critiques that cause the audience to laugh at something usually frowned upon or taken 'seriously'. The joke is pointing to this life we (society/ the human race) have created. An unwillingness to really grapple with giant, glaring issues, like blackpill talking points, leads to lost people, confused and indulging in dangerous copes that effect the human race as a whole. Before swallowing the blackpill, the gaslighing of normie society was psychosis inducing. I would ask myself, were these people not seeing what I was seeing? The bluepill isn't just retarded or naive, it's deadly.

Why was that man drinking and driving? Was he abused as a child? What caused his parents to abuse him? Was it the stress of work that lead his father to beat him, out of some Jungian subconscious drive to inflict pain on something, to feel in control of his (the father's) life? Did that kid grow up ugly? Did he reach for the bottle to numb the reality of his situation? Born a taxpaying drone?

That mother that got that knock doesn't care to understand the true severity of the beings she shares this planet with. She stayed in ignorance (IGNOREance). Where was the preparation? If we don't focus on these problems as a whole society, mass shootings, dead drug addicts and homelessness will increase. Infrastructure will crumble due to men just giving up on life and half ass-ing bridge building or plane design. There's nothing to live for anymore, because no one wants to address these issues. So, mothers will keep getting those knocks on the door announcing a dead child. Schools will continue to be shot up, tent cities will continue to spring up.

I'm not preaching SJW empathy, but mere acknowledging the truth of this world. Through a joke, the jokER conveys a wildly insightful critique on humanities unwillingness to address the multiple elephants in the room. Without the blackpill, you cry when you could be laughing. You can prepare yourself for the future because you were willing to look at the ugly present.

I've looked at reality. I know what the majority of men are going thru. I double check my locks when I leave the house. My head is on a swivel, because I KNOW these people are DONE. I try to control what I can over my small sphere of life. I avoid mass gatherings, I always wear seatbelts, etc etc. I refuse to be blind sided by a wife that'll cheat on me, or end up in a nursing home because my kids never saw me due to my crazy work schedule, so they won't take care of me. Imagine the horror that awaits these boomers in old age? No one likes them, not even their kids. Without the blackpill, you are blind to the potential pains of life.

Last edited:
I think it's also a critique on creation as well. Looking at life and the way that things are around you. This is why he painted his face like a clown because in an almost mocking way he is addressing how he has felt his whole life, from the experiences he has had, to the way that he has been treated. Deeply dark and nihilistic film, but there is a lot of truth in it.

The joke is that there is no joke.

I think it's also a critique on creation as well. Looking at life and the way that things are around you. This is why he painted his face like a clown because in an almost mocking way he is addressing how he has felt his whole life, from the experiences he has had, to the way that he has been treated. Deeply dark and nihilistic film, but there is a lot of truth in it.
He almost looked better dressing like a clown. A certain aire of confidence and swagger came upon him when he finally presented his authentic self.

Your post is proof you can overanalyze anything.

Maybe the joke is just the fact that some fucker got ran over.
Death can be hilarious and random. That's that.

I was a drunk driver before!

Good times! Fren!!

Bon temps 'mi!