Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I remember when you could make a great gaming PC for 500$

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
I did mine in 2016, just one year before the cryptos that made GPUs multiply their prices by 4. You could get a really nice PC that could play almost all games in high, only in the most recent and with the better graphics you would need to put them in medium. Each 4 years you could buy a last gen GPU for around 300$. Now we have GPUs for 800$ and overpriced RAM :feelsrope::feelsrope:

fak im mirin tbh. my 10+ yr old pc broke down a couple months ago and all i have is a shitty work laptop

If you don't mind used from ebay

GTX 1070 = around $200

LGA 2011 Motherboard = around $100

8 Core Xeon E5-2670 = around $100

And if you have a system already, re-use the hard drive, power supply, DDR3 Ram and pretty decent system that competes with Intels latest

If you have no system at all, can buy something like this used and throw in a graphics card and hard drive https://www.ebay.com/itm/Computer-P...77-I5-3570K-3-4ghz-8gb-Ram-No-HD/264427217466

Last edited:
Will it go back at some point?

I heard smartphones played a big role too. At some point the new ones will hopefully have a stable performance level and the market will cool down.

Will it go back at some point?

I heard smartphones played a big role too. At some point the new ones will hopefully have a stable performance level and the market will cool down.
One year ago I heard that with the next gen of Nvidia many GPUs that are now overpriced will be cheaper but the situation is still the same.

One year ago I heard that with the next gen of Nvidia many GPUs that are now overpriced will be cheaper but the situation is still the same.
They prolly just keep the prices high and pocket the difference. :feelscry:

Tbh computer parts nowadays are way too overpriced especially if you live in a shit second world country such as spain like me

console fag reporting in. i'm way too fucking lazy to build a computer. fuck that.

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back