Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I personality believe that handhelds and mobiles will replace consoles

Dr. Autismo

Dr. Autismo

Foid punchER
★★★★★
Because as technology progresses, it gets smaller and more convenient.
Look at computers, originally back in the 60s and 70s they were as big as a fucking room and were only available in universities and government buildings.
Now, not only are they cheaper and more available, but are smaller too with desktops and laptops, I personally own a laptop irl.
I personally think laptops are better tbh, because their smaller and i can take them with me anywhere.
People argue that desktops are better for gaming, but you have gaming laptops on the market, even though their expensive as fucking hell!
People have always likes the novelty of owning a machine thats small and that you can take with you while your on the go.
That's why the original gameboy was so loved and successful... and because it came with tetris.
Same with why mobile gaming has been dominating the market over the pass few years.
Same with phones, originally, they were the size of bricks and only businessmen and government VIPs had them.
Now their smaller and slimmer and now everyone has one.

With consoles, the switch has been massively successful and the gimmick behind it is that its a portable and a home console at the exact same time.
I don't own a switch, but i'm pretty sure the console part of it is entirely optional, while you need the deck to charge the tablet.
You could even just own the tablet and nun chucks if you want, and you'll be all set.
That's pretty much why nintendo don't make any more actual handheld consoles anymore, now that the gameboy and DS lines are discontinued.
While the Xbox series X and the PS5 are big bulky space takers, and this point, their both pretty much the same machine.
Btw, i'm not saying the switch is perfect, i know that some games like mortal kombat look worse on it, but the technology will improve and get better.
Eventually, we make even get a switch 2, but its just as good, if not better than the PS6 or the next Xbox.

Maybe nintendo will just ditch the console part entirely and focus purely on the handheld aspect of the switch 2, maybe sony and microsoft will do the same.
TV will eventually die, just like with vinyl records, cassette tapes, and floppy disks before it, same eventually with CDs/DVDs.
The main reasons why most people actually own a TV is for gaming or for streaming, you also get dumbshit boomtards who for some reason still watch scheduled TV programming and pay a TV licence to the kikes.
But you can get streaming services on your phone or laptop, once console manufactures go fully handheld, the death of television will speed up.
We'll even start to see entire landfills full of them.

Last edited:
Not replace it but would have major market share due to thirdworld shithole goyIM gamers. ANd i am only thinking till 2050-60. After that i don't know

62052.jpg

What if the world ends before 2047?

maybe handhelds like the Steam Deck eventually will, I've heard Xbox is planning on making something similar. but phones will not, this has been a meme since the first iphone came out and its never amounted to any serious threat to consoles. and consoles won't die as there will always be a demand for something for your TV

I can see what you mean with the Switch. Sony & Microsoft just need another 5-10 years too make handhelds that can run huge games.

I can see what you mean with the Switch. Sony & Microsoft just need another 5-10 years too make handhelds that can run huge games.
PSPs were interesting machines, but they had very little to play on them, or anything that was interesting to play on them.
Sony should just discontinue the playstation console line and recreate new line of handhelds.

PSPs were interesting machines, but they had very little to play on them, or anything that was interesting to play on them.
Sony should just discontinue the playstation console line and recreate new line of handhelds.
Being able to play ps2-ps4 games on a handheld console would be cool.

Being able to play ps2-ps4 games on a handheld console would be cool.
And it will mean that these games will actually be preserved for future generations

WW3 is on the verge of slowly spreading across the whole world and countries turning into wartorn shitholes. Couldn't really give a shit about the future of gayming consoles.

Which would be great.
I agree, I used to own and play sonic and mega drive compilations back in the day.
They got me introduced to retro rpgs like phantasy star and the shining series.
They also got me introduced to fucking great platformers like ristar and dynamite headdy.

I always wished sega would release compilations of saturn games like nights into dreams, virtua fighter, burning rangers and even include translated versions of japan exclusive games.
There so many untouched pearls hidden in darkness, just waiting to see the light of day...

Last edited:
PSPs were super underrated in the West, if you have JRPG brainrot it's a good console. tons of hidden gems

Phones will never come even close to any console, since all mobile games are gachaslop.

And PC will remain KING!

Thermal throttling :feelshehe:

I doubt it. In terms of market size, mobile games are dominating. There is no argument there, it's in the numbers. But PC and console gaming is a lot about content and interactivity. There's only so much going on in a mobile game and not much controls, so you can't do and experience much.

Mobile games are to PC/console games what tiktok clips are to feature length films and TV series.

The videogame scene has also changed a lot, when I was a kid in the 90s "casual gaming" wasn't a thing, now every 60yo housewife plays candy crush on her smartphone. If you count casual gaming as gaming, handhelds have surpassed consoles already by number of players and money generated. EA has learned the lesson years ago already, and implemented microtransactions in console games to keep up with the dominating market.

Temps are gonna be a big problem. Aint no way a switch or similar will run some game like gta 6 in 1440p/4k in medium settings at least

This wont happen anytime soon

Because as technology progresses, it gets smaller and more convenient.
Look at computers, originally back in the 60s and 70s they were as big as a fucking room and were only available in universities and government buildings.
Now, not only are they cheaper and more available, but are smaller too with desktops and laptops, I personally own a laptop irl.
I personally think laptops are better tbh, because their smaller and i can take them with me anywhere.
People argue that desktops are better for gaming, but you have gaming laptops on the market, even though their expensive as fucking hell!
People have always likes the novelty of owning a machine thats small and that you can take with you while your on the go.
That's why the original gameboy was so loved and successful... and because it came with tetris.
Same with why mobile gaming has been dominating the market over the pass few years.
Same with phones, originally, they were the size of bricks and only businessmen and government VIPs had them.
Now their smaller and slimmer and now everyone has one.

With consoles, the switch has been massively successful and the gimmick behind it is that its a portable and a home console at the exact same time.
I don't own a switch, but i'm pretty sure the console part of it is entirely optional, while you need the deck to charge the tablet.
You could even just own the tablet and nun chucks if you want, and you'll be all set.
That's pretty much why nintendo don't make any more actual handheld consoles anymore, now that the gameboy and DS lines are discontinued.
While the Xbox series X and the PS5 are big bulky space takers, and this point, their both pretty much the same machine.
Btw, i'm not saying the switch is perfect, i know that some games like mortal kombat look worse on it, but the technology will improve and get better.
Eventually, we make even get a switch 2, but its just as good, if not better than the PS6 or the next Xbox.

Maybe nintendo will just ditch the console part entirely and focus purely on the handheld aspect of the switch 2, maybe sony and microsoft will do the same.
TV will eventually die, just like with vinyl records, cassette tapes, and floppy disks before it, same eventually with CDs/DVDs.
The main reasons why most people actually own a TV is for gaming or for streaming, you also get dumbshit boomtards who for some reason still watch scheduled TV programming and pay a TV licence to the kikes.
But you can get streaming services on your phone or laptop, once console manufactures go fully handheld, the death of television will speed up.
We'll even start to see entire landfills full of them.
oyyyyy

Screen too small and can't run nba2k25