Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I never felt good about myself after gymming

zephyr

zephyr

UK Wizardcel
★★★★★
I noticed a lot of Gymcels come away feeling good about yourself afterwards. (Not all of them admittedly.)

The staff at the gym I went to had 'It's our job to make you feel great' on their shirts. I don't think older Neets who have had hardly any career or good academia should go to the gym.

In there I was surrounded by Normies. They had cars. Talked about how their jobs were going. The instructors were low key dreading me more with each passing day. I was too anti-social for them and the... (Let's call it what it is) customers. I would thousand yard stare to let them know I wanted to use a machine next for example.

Really after time I just saw all my progress as a line graph. Leg day, body day, arm day... Body cycle rinse and repeat for next week.

The most fun I had was when I would take a cushiony weight, plonk it down on to my lap then lean against a wall with my eyes closed. I would do this behind people excercising infront of a mirror. It really creeped them out. :feelsautistic:

The best part of my experience was looking at my reflection after the session in the changing room, knowing my body would one day [UWSL]plateau, because then I could stop. [/UWSL]

Last edited:
Hey fellow UKcel, what was your reason for quitting the gym?
If I had the money to afford more food and drink to turn more mass into lean mass I wouldn't have wanted to anyway. I stopped because I plateaud.
I had to stop due to a slipped disc in my lower back which I could no longer just power through. Got it from front squatting.
I'm sorry. Were you at a gym where the staff just idly watched you mess up like they're pha'in Jiggsaw from the horror film Saw franchise? Because I had bad technique at back machines and they didn't give a damn.

My last session was 4 years ago, no staff were there at the 24/7 gym. I already plateaud at this point. I was just there to finish my protein shake powder. I got second hand high from someone doing drugs. Had a bad psychedelic trip. Then broke my left upper arm whilst high using a machine.

I became fairly strong at the movement, both front (170kg) and back (180kg)
Congratulations. That's a lot. I was only doing the nooby machines.

I am planning to start road cycling and become very skinny with strong (relatively speaking) legs.
Cool.

Last edited: