Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I miss the 90s, oldcels GTFIH

grayjedi90

grayjedi90

Is it just me or is it getting crazier out there?
★★★★
The world wasn't so cucked. There was no craze about terrorism, videogames were pretty good. Movies had no sjw and feminist influences, the internet was a special place without normies where intelligent people could converse and share their opinion. I really miss those times. Born 1990 at least i saw the world before the downfall after 9/11 2001 and the shitshow that occured after that.

It only gets worse after 1945, or rather 1940.

50s>60s>70s>80s>90s>00s>now

Ten years older than the OP, feels about the same to me except with better cell phones.

Feminism was huge in the 90s from my point-of-view. Tons of feminists singer-songwriters and bands, booming literature industry, and when I entered college in 98, I REALLY encountered it.

Third-wave feminism started in the early 90s, Naomi Wolfe, RAINN, etc.

Ten years older than the OP, feels about the same to me except with better cell phones.

Feminism was huge in the 90s from my point-of-view. Tons of feminists singer-songwriters and bands, booming literature industry, and when I entered college in 98, I REALLY encountered it.

this ^

the only good thing was no Tinder etc. But to make even a 5 minute call on a cell phone in the 90s would cost you like 20x what it does today. In the 90s M and S still had alot more importance, more than L probably.

Women were still women in the 90s and early 2000s, but they were better """""""""people"""""""""" than the Tinder/Insta generation. There were unicorns out there that would give you a chance, if you approached a lot. You had a 1% chance as an incel back then compared to a -50% chance now.

The world really needs resetting.

Well i live in europe (germany) i only noticed feminism rise here about 2003ish

6 years older than OP. I have to agree with @notsexstarved and @NekoStance but I understand why you think that OP. First smartphone allowed women to access the internet easily and then social media gave them a reason to do it. I've gone back and watched shows I remembered from a kid and it is interesting how much all the feminist dialogue really sticks out now, when back then It went in one ear and out the other. Felt like back then that while they would inject feminism in all sorts of places it had no business being, there would still be representations of dissenting views. They would crack jokes about it or point out it's many hypocrisies or inconsistencies.

19th century > 20th century >>21st century

Agreed, especially with the movies. Damn there were some good movies back in the 90s/ early 2000s when society wasnt cucked. Seriously, just go back and look through movies released back then and watch them and you will see the massive difference of "what was allowed according to society" and " what isnt allowed" now.

Back then you could have extremely "offensive" jokes in movies, you could pretty much have anything offensive and no one would give a shit because it was a fucking movie/ comedy movie. Now comedy movies can only be a certain type of comedy or the fun police will come out with pitchforks.

Heck even the horror movies now are cucked. They are shit compared to some of the movies that were made years ago

Women were still women in the 90s and early 2000s, but they were better """""""""people"""""""""" than the Tinder/Insta generation. There were unicorns out there that would give you a chance, if you approached a lot. You had a 1% chance as an incel back then compared to a -50% chance now.

The world really needs resetting.
Yep agreed, there was definitely still a chance for incels back then even if it was slim. Unfortunately i just wasnt old enough/ physically mature enough to escape being virgin or relationshipless.
But kek, look at me now, in my fucking early 20s, only fucked prostitutes, hating life and wanting to die everyday

2000's I feel there were better for me.

The good ole days, the time in which i never had a worry in the world

It was about the same for me. Females were still the privileged ones who were taken extra care of while males were left to handle things on their own. Incels still got the short end of the stick.

Born in 88 and yeah the internet was such a different place in the 90s that anybody who says differently is underage.

Didn't have to worry too much about manginas and White Nights we're actually made fun of back then instead of them being a majority now.

The internet was pretty damn based back then. Little women or normies. I also miss how simple games were back then. No bullshit DLC, loot boxes, or early access. You buy a game and that was it. Anything extra was an unlockable that you could get with hard work or a gameshark.

Agreed, especially with the movies. Damn there were some good movies back in the 90s/ early 2000s when society wasnt cucked. Seriously, just go back and look through movies released back then and watch them and you will see the massive difference of "what was allowed according to society" and " what isnt allowed" now.

Back then you could have extremely "offensive" jokes in movies, you could pretty much have anything offensive and no one would give a shit because it was a fucking movie/ comedy movie. Now comedy movies can only be a certain type of comedy or the fun police will come out with pitchforks.

Heck even the horror movies now are cucked. They are shit compared to some of the movies that were made years ago

Fuck yea the movies produced from the late 80s to the early 2000s were the best. SJW bullshit has really killed the quality of Hollywood movies.

I was born in 1982, and things really haven't changed that much for me. I don't interact with society almost at all though.

I do remember political-correctness and environmentalism being all over the place in the 90's. I guess we still don't want any global warming, (back then it was just "a hole in the ozone layer"), but I had no idea political-correctness would actually increase! I thought it was about as bad as it could be already. (They were letting girls play sports! gasp!)

9-11 did seem to mark a large shift towards PC culture increasing. It seemed like right after 9-11 everyone was all puffed-up and jingoistic, and everyone started watching middle-easterners with suspicion. But then there was blow-back, it was racist to suspect middle-easterners may be more likely to be terrorists.

It was semi-recently established that being racist was about the worse thing you could be (it wasn't that huge of deal before). People who thought their racism was justified felt victimized by being portrayed as evil and dumb in the media; in response they started just openly saying whatever paranoid and hateful thing they thought, without listening to any opposition. Of course the left responded by doing the same. Portraying the other end of the political spectrum as evil, and knee-jerkingly disagreeing with everything they said, wasn't super-prevalent until then.

Uhhh, damn, I wrote stuff. Fuck me, I guess.

Oh and women... Yeah, like I said before it was still very common at that time to marry the first person you started dating seriously. It wasn't odd for people who were couples in middle-school to get married after high-school. Even ugly guys paired up with ugly girls. Not me, but that's because I went to an all male high-school, and was depressed and autistic and shit.

Oh, and shit sucked back then and it sucks now. I've always been miserable, so I don't have rose-tinted glasses about anything from the past.

Last edited:
I miss 2007. Maybe the fact I was 18-19 at the time is a factor for my nostalgia, but the technological level was just about perfect back then. Everything that came after that was superfluous and only made things worse for the most part (smartphones, Tinder, Facebook, etc).

I also miss the old trends like emo, etc.

The internet was pretty damn based back then. Little women or normies. I also miss how simple games were back then. No bullshit DLC, loot boxes, or early access. You buy a game and that was it. Anything extra was an unlockable that you could get with hard work or a gameshark.

Fuck yea the movies produced from the late 80s to the early 2000s were the best. SJW bullshit has really killed the quality of Hollywood movies.
its over for moviecels

No social media. No police state. More freedom, more privacy. People were much more genuine. 9/11 fucked it all up.

Didn’t live through most of it but games were good

I miss the 80s more. 90s were my teens and I was heavily bullied.

I bet in the late 90's and 2000's even incels could go to the club and fuck numerous women and most didn't even know or care about their smv before Tinder, Facebook and Instagram turned them all into mini celebrities.

Women are still women though mind you, they all need to be caged like.

i love watching 1990s films. remind me of my childhood when i was still happy and had no worries.

wild wild west
men in black
Armageddon
terminator 2
jurassic park 2
the rock
face/off
con air
godzilla
the mummy
just some off the the top of the head. the 1990s was such a good decade. probably the only time of my life i was happy

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back