Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I miss handheld versions of home console games.

PersonalityChad

PersonalityChad

Manipulate Mansplain ️Malewife Moderator
★★★★★
So, back in the day, especially during the early 3D era, major home console/PC videogame releases (and not only) would sometimes receive versions specifically made for handhelds. Since obviously handhelds had inferior hardware, these versions usually ended up being significantly different from their home console counterparts, sometimes even for the better.
My favorite example of this is the GBC version of Daikatana. While the PC version of Daikatana is an infamously garbage game, the GBC version is instead an actually pretty decent linear top-down Zelda clone. I recommend tbh

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37lKW1mC_VQ

I never played handhelds growing up. I only ever got home consoles. I think it was because I had siblings. It was mostly the only-child kids who had handhelds.

So, back in the day, especially during the early 3D era, major home console/PC videogame releases (and not only) would sometimes receive versions specifically made for handhelds. Since obviously handhelds had inferior hardware, these versions usually ended up being significantly different from their home console counterparts, sometimes even for the better.
My favorite example of this is the GBC version of Daikatana. While the PC version of Daikatana is an infamously garbage game, the GBC version is instead an actually pretty decent linear top-down Zelda clone. I recommend tbh

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37lKW1mC_VQ

I liked it better when there was a psp and the ports were plus or minus the same quality as the ps2, but only we were talking about ports from the 7th generation consoles (ps3,xbox360).

I liked it better when there was a psp and the ports were plus or minus the same quality as the ps2
IDK, i think that's kind of boring. I liked when they completely reimagined a game to make it fit on less powerful hardware

No handheld version of home console games for your face

No handheld version of home console games for your face