Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I lowkey never understood Light Yagami fans

the only people who actually like light are teenage foids who find him hot
I'm pretty sure L is the more popular one irl with the foids. I've seen so much L fangirls on the net everywhere that it is insufferable. "tehee he is sooo cute, would totally date him!" "he is literally meee but as a boy! teheh"" If anyone here didn't have good eyesight while watching or reading Death Note then I'll let you in on a secret: L is a pretty boy too just like Yagami Light. It's only in the universe of DN that he is supposedly some loser when it comes femoids.

If the characters meet in certain places, it's not by coincidence, but the result of an elaborate scheme devised by Johann, who is a manipulative genius. This antagonist possesses a heightened knowledge of human nature and feelings, to the extent that he is able to shape them according to his desires, except in the case of Dr. Tenma, who symbolizes Christ. Filled with biblical and philosophical references, this anime is a true masterpiece, tackling sensitive subjects such as child abuse without superficiality.

Your criticism only applies to Death Note, where certain situations always work in Light's or L's favor to develop the scenario, such as the fact that he can guess at first sight that the serial killer is in a specific area of Japan, whereas in Monster Tenma is a fugitive who gathers different sources of information to locate Johann.
Most of the coincidences had nothing to do with Johann at all, they were just lazy ass writing. It's been a while since I watched Monster but I remember I kept cringing every few episodes about all the crazy one in a billion coincidences. Death Note isn't perfect either, it suffers from the fact that the creator sucks the dicks of the main characters way too hard and this results in everyone being a moron except for Light and L. But DN doesn't suffer from lazy writing at all, the plot is very straight and logical all things considered.

I've always sided with Light just like I side with Aizen in Bleach. L's moral compass wasn't limpid either, he could have tried making the world better considering his genius but no, he chose to work as a dog for the judeo-americans and preserve the status quo. He never seemed someone who wanted justice in my eyes, he only hunted Kira for the lulz. How could I ever root for someone like that?
Thank you, I agree with you. It was made clear several times that L doesn't give a crap about anyone else, he just wants to prove that he is the most intelligent being in the universe. Light had actual morals and a desire to make the world into a better place. He could have just used the DN to get rich or powerful without drawing attention to himself. But he chose to embark on a mission to make the world better. Even if you disagree with Yagami, it's still respectable and honorable what he did or tried to do.

True, Light was just a chad with a God complex while L was an autistic incel so I of course ended up rooting more for L
Hehe impressive L you fight with much fire in your heart

Monster is the most overrated thing ever. The story is quite literally full of extreme coincidences. The same 20 people are running into each other always all of a sudden when they travel all over Europe. It has the laziest writing one could imagine.
Monster's author also seems to like whore-worshipping. The author actively tries to paint that whore-mother as a victim despite her doing her best to ruin her son's childhood. That really left a sour taste for me.

Last edited:
Hehe impressive L you fight with much fire in your heart
D7k9r4m 662feb6b fec6 48de 8205 1af9aa29f225

Of course

Monster's author also seems to like whore-worshipping. The author actively tries to paint that whore-mother as a victim despite her doing her best to ruin her son's childhood. That really left a sour test for me.
Eva(?)'s case pissed me off much more. How Tenma cared about her not getting hurt despite she dumping him the moment he became a loser. Like wtf...forgiving someone and being a simp white knight for a whore who treated you like shit shouldn't be the same thing.

No, the whore that had a kid with that pathetic rich fucker, Schuwald,
Eva(?)'s case pissed me off much more. How Tenma cared about her not getting hurt despite she dumping him the moment he became a loser. Like wtf...forgiving someone and being a simp white knight for a whore who treated you like shit shouldn't be the same thing.
As for Eva, yeah, she's a nasty piece of shit, but at least the show/manga didn't seem to make much of an excuse for her diabolical behaviours and she did show some level of regret. But yeah, her opportunistic nature wasn't condemned all that.

I mean authors treat "flawed" male and female characters very differently. AOT is a prime example.

I was rooting for Light to win.

Incel trait : Always supporting the guy playing the villain's role in shows.

my man never took a potato chip and ate it

On a serious note though, I am (or at the very least was) a Yagami Light fanboy and I honestly don't really know why.

SETO IS BETTER

No, the whore that had a kid with that pathetic rich fucker, Schuwald,

As for Eva, yeah, she's a nasty piece of shit, but at least the show/manga didn't seem to make much of an excuse for her diabolical behaviours and she did show some level of regret. But yeah, her opportunistic nature wasn't condemned all that.

I mean authors treat "flawed" male and female characters very differently. AOT is a prime example.
I meant that question mark as "was Eva her name?" because I only remember her as the blonde cunt ex of Tenma, I know who you referred to. But yes we agree that females get away with a lot of shit even in fiction and that Monster is overrated.

I was rooting for Light to win.

Incel trait : Always supporting the guy playing the villain's role in shows.
Yeah, I mostly identify with the villains too. They are usually alone against the normalfag heroes who have friends and foids lusting all over them. But Light wasn't a villain imo.

People support Light because people in general think that criminals are scum, and want them dead, but society unfortunately doesn't let us just kill them all and instead releases them among the population after a timeout time in jail.

I always hated that mf

was rooting for L to kill him

was a compulsive liar and a manipulative dick to everyone around him

coped with muh 'i wanna create a better world' when in reality he was just a psychopath with a god complex and enjoyed the high off playing god.

also was a dick for spitting on Ls friendship

let his dad die

I'm sad that L died, was my favorite character in the show fr

would've loved to see more of light and L as actual friends,

like a show where they're real friends and solve crimes together side by side

a show like that would've slapped!
He started off with good intentions, but he got corrupted due to having so much power, his ego, and going down the rabbit hole as a result.

I'm in trouble here. I liked Light better than L and was hoping he would win until he started going totally retarded with his "well, let's not just kill criminals but NEETs/lazy people too".
That was mikami, not Light. Light was pissed when he heard Mikami was doing that.

Most people are narcissistic just like Light, so it makes sense they related to them. This is why no one should have that power, unfortunately, in the modern real world, power has different meaning.
Wealth, looks, are two of them.

Most Light fans are losers irl who wish they could magically become winners by doing whatever they want and not following the basic rule the majority of unfortunate people have to follow. Which is, work hard for your own success. Things will never be magically put on a platter for you.