Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I looked up a PUA friend from the late 2000s and it turns out he was a literal male model

mylifeistrash

mylifeistrash

Banned
-
10 years ago I used to go out at least 3-4 times a week at night, drink 1 or 2 drinks and approach girls all I night. I went out with guys I played ball with who went to my college. I did this for many years straight, but one friend in particular, I probably spent over 80 nights out of the year with.

This guy, like me, had horrible luck with women. I'd approach more but once every few months he'd meet a girl, make out with her in the bar and managed to fuck her. He'd always tell me about his lays and mention how they weren't nearly as good looking as they looked in the bar with make-up on. Out of all the girls, only one of them I remember was actually hot.

I remember he told me about some amateur male modelling he did on the side for money. Meaning he'd in magazine ads and what not and got paid it. So looked him up, found his profile online at some modelling agency, and he has pages of paid work for outdoors lifestyle type companies (advertising tents, tools, and other hiking type of shit).

tldr; the only guy I knew who ever got laid was getting paid to model products in magazines and ads,
even in 2008 you needed mog the female by many points to get any interest in a bar

tldr2; there much more skinnier, hotter women back then

Last edited:
The biggest anger of seeing PUA exposed is realizing most of the people who got anywhere including coaches were like over 6ft with a good face.

So basically they suceeded regardless of pua skills rendering the whole thing pointless.

I was a male model too...

For a university that needed photos of my disease for their students. :forcedsmile:

The biggest anger of seeing PUA exposed is realizing most of the people including coaches were like over 6ft with a good face.

So basically they suceeded regardless of pua skills rendering the whole thing pointless.

Yeah, I'm glad I was spared that scam even though I was "prime" during its peak era. I recall at the time someone pointing out after the Sodini Event that all these coaches telling men to be funny and charismatic weren't that at all. So, there must have been some other factor that made their "game" work (if it worked at all).
Tinder has helped guys like that, since it's all about the face and the app does the work of "approaching" and putting yourself out there.

Back then status alone might have been more powerful than looks alone, unless you were a real life 10. Might still be, since if you are a somebody in some capacity (even just a mildly popular twitch streamer or only success in e-sports) you will get women to pursue you even if you look like trash and they looksmog you.

Yeah, that's why it truly sucks for zoomers, but the caveat is that Tinder has made the sexual marketplace tougher for normies, but it was always tough for incels. That said, since very few people were doing internet dating before social media really took off, being online was a valid cope/hope since you could always say to yourself, "well the girls who'd be attracted to me just aren't online" and other mental bs.

Tinder has helped guys like that, since it's all about the face and the app does the work of "approaching" and putting yourself out there.

Back then status alone might have been more powerful than looks alone, unless you were a real life 10. Might still be, since if you are a somebody in some capacity (even just a mildly popular twitch streamer or only success in e-sports) you will get women to pursue you even if you look like trash and they looksmog you.
If they don't even wanna see you based on 5 seconds of your face then what's makes you think they wanna see you in person as you approach them?

Or do people hope they are finding those innocent girls who don't use tinder? Teehee