Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I Looked Decent in Mirror but like a 1/10 in Webcam

B

Beckham

Banned
-
Which is more accurate, mirror or webcam/webcam photo?

Beckham said:
Which is more accurate, mirror or webcam/webcam photo?

Webcam.

Sorry, it's over.

photo probably

i consider myself ok looking in the mirror

asked my friend to get a pic of me outside for facebook and i got literally horrified

Real life is most accurate.

Photo and Camera/webcam are 2d images.
2d image can not accurately portray 3-dimensional features on your face like your nose, unless it's taken at a side-profile.

I have the same problem i look like a monster on my webcam.

Shitty webcams will make most people look much worse.

both mirrors, webcam, and photos lie.

however, webcam is probably the most accurate. mirror flips your image and photos are 2d. you will never know how you actually look to other people, you can only see how other people treat you based on your looks

Sorry pall but mirrors reflect youre face. Other people dont see you like this youre used to this image cuz you look everyday in the mirror. Youre webcam however flips youre face horizontally and thats how other people percieve you, take a letter and hold it infront of youre webcam. You can read it when you did the same thing infront of a mirror you cant.

The medium in which you look worse is always more accurate.

I'd say good quality webcam > photo. Just turn up the contrast and get your good side, if you have one.

webcam is more accurate unless you look at a doubled reflection (sui fuel).
it's over m8.

eggo said:
webcam is more accurate unless you look at a doubled reflection (sui fuel).
it's over m8.

Webcams usually are how very low quality and usually don't process light well. Which means it tens to lose out of on a lot detail. I would say that webcams are extremely inaccurate. 

If you want an accurate portrayal of how you look, DSLR camera with a good lens or a really good video camera, outsite. That's it.

tbf you can get 1080p webcams for like $20-40 these days. there is grain with shit lighting, but if you want to know how you really look and can't afford a great camera it's a swell way to make yourself want to suicide even more.
mostly you're just missing out on skin texture details and color with webcams, they don't distort like phone lenses

The only measure of how good-looking you are is how much female attention you get. That's literally it. You don't even need to see your own face to know if you're good-looking,

If I look anything like I do in photos then yea, I understand why I don't get pussy. The problem lies where I know I'm unattractive, but I've had confusing signs from maybe 3 or 4 chicks (in my 23 years of living). 

Like just today I'm delivering packages and this decent looking chubby chick (4/10 maybe) tells me she bought a new concealer and asks me how it looks (I gave the cuckiest answer ever)... 

99.999% of women show me no attraction but I've had those extremely rare instances where I think they might have and I don't know if I should just take more chances and actually confront women or quit hoping.

When that chick asked me how she looked I felt validated for 5 minutes and then fantasized being the type of guy that had women do this often.. I fucking hate being me so much it's undescribable (4 blue moon beers are helping me feel alright).

The mirror presents a fake, flipped, and over-exposed image of yourself. A high quality webcam is most accurate.

If I looked the same as I do in the mirror, you would probably rate me at 6-7/10, when in reality I'm like a 4/10 max.

Framecel222 said:
The only measure of how good-looking you are is how much female attention you get. That's literally it. You don't even need to see your own face to know if you're good-looking,

This lol

Video is the most accurate not photo. Film yourself IN MOTION.

incel scum said:
Video is the most accurate not photo. Film yourself IN MOTION.

THIS. All the other answers are wrong. A video of yourself > mirror > webcam > pictures.