Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I just can't get over NES

slavcel11

slavcel11

mengpilled
★★★★★
There's so many great NES games I completely missed as a kid. As a kid I didn't get to play:
ANY megaman
ANY zelda
ANY final fantasy
ANY metroid
ANY mario games except the very first and worst one, i played the third one briefly but got lost and gave up on the game, because i was stupid
ANY ninja gaiden games except first or second one that my cousin gave me
ANY castlevania games except the first one that i barely remember

i also wanted to play crystalis and blaster master after i read about them in some crappy games magazine. But they were impossible to get like so many other actually GOOD games.
Games that i did get to play:
Various disney games licensed by capcom (chip and dale, duck tales, darkwing duck etc) - these were literally everywhere because everyone knew them from their respective TV shows.
early NES games that later came in multi game cartridges (battle city, lunar ball, duck hunt, wild gunman, lode runner, legend of kage etc)
contra 1, 2 - i never actually liked this type of games but they were extremely common
random stuff like shadow of the ninja, felix the cat, rocking cats, power blade 1-2 - these were not actually bad, but they weren't some major hits that everyone wanted to play
battle toads, double dragon 2,3 , battletoads & DD, batman, batman returns, etc
lots more random and mediocre shit

How do i recover from this? Somehow i don't feel that way about sega genesis, because most games from this console were not that great, and i think i played most of the good ones except maybe for shining force 1-2 and landstalker. I never was truly a fan of it, it's the NES days that i miss greatly.

Last edited:
WOAW! SO FUN!
Saw another painting idea enjoy these 4 specific pixels v0 pqjtfq2m1voa1

Download Rom LOTS + emulator + get a pseudo NES like controller = You're all set.

Fuck ebay

Just buy a modded one from Facebook marketplace or offer up.

Download Rom LOTS + emulator + get a pseudo NES like controller = You're all set.

Fuck ebay
You don't even need a pseudo-NES controller honestly. I mean i have one but you can play basically everything with just a keyboard.

You don't even need a pseudo-NES controller honestly. I mean i have one but you can play basically everything with just a keyboard.
For authenticity, yeah a keyboard is more practical, but some would rather go with a controller.

I play GBA games with the keyboard.

I might play some old games they look fun

Just play the games. NES games generally have gameplay that isn't interrupted by cutscene or boring dialogue every 2 seconds, and when it is its something important or soulful. You don't need to have nostalgia to enjoy them.