Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I honestly don't regret playing video games my entire youth

I

ionlycopenow

Self-banned
-
The absolute best years of my life were marked from some really fun games. modern warfare, Modern warfare 2, black ops 1, a few others.

Those are the happiest I've ever been in my life. These games are absolutely no where near as fun anymore.

The only thing I DO regret is trying to "self improve". All that cringe time wasted on what could have been more fun video game time. All that time wasted in the gym, starving myself to become very lean and having such little energy I couldn't even play games as a result. humiliating and degrading myself trying to social circle maxxx, feeling like a clown and liar trying to fraud NT maxxx. I'd take it all back just for more time playing video games.

Truly the happiest I've been in my life. The only thing I regret is taking that away from myself when I tried to "self improve" through diet, socializing, sports, gym, etc. All a massive waste of time I didn't even really like and ended with NOTHING.

At least games were really really fun and aren't nearly as much anymore.

Tbh. If I could redo I'd scrap all the self improvement and kms at 13
Yes I would have played video games non stop, then ODed on Coke. The absolute best way I can imagine to go out besides getting a goer watch

The absolute best years of my life were marked from some really fun games. modern warfare, Modern warfare 2, black ops 1, a few others.

Those are the happiest I've ever been in my life. These games are absolutely no where near as fun anymore.

The only thing I DO regret is trying to "self improve". All that cringe time wasted on what could have been more fun video game time. All that time wasted in the gym, starving myself to become very lean and having such little energy I couldn't even play games as a result. humiliating and degrading myself trying to social circle maxxx, feeling like a clown and liar trying to fraud NT maxxx. I'd take it all back just for more time playing video games.

Truly the happiest I've been in my life. The only thing I regret is taking that away from myself when I tried to "self improve" through diet, socializing, sports, gym, etc. All a massive waste of time I didn't even really like and ended with NOTHING.

you cant play 24/7. i used to like games but after spending my youth on them theyre now rather boring and depressing. id say i regret playing them.

i kinda feel like gaming made me a zombie (ofc if u socialize most of these effects go away but perhaps not all)

you cant play 24/7. i used to like games but after spending my youth on them theyre now rather boring and depressing. id say i regret playing them.

i kinda feel like gaming made me a zombie (ofc if u socialize most of these effects go away but perhaps not all)
yeah this is major cope dude, on so many levels

Stop lying to yourself

yeah this is major cope dude, on so many levels

Stop lying to yourself

nah what i said is that you cant play games all the time because they will get boring (not as in title,as in genre)

Been playing Warzone every single day all day for the last month.

Not like you had any other choice tbh. Your looks were too low to integrate with the "cool" kids.

Playing video games innocently was probably the best period of my life as well. I regret being born.

I used to spend whole afternoons playing this from beginning to end:

I regret nothing

fucking love runescape ngl

Tbh. If I could redo I'd scrap all the self improvement and kms at 13
Gigabased. To be even more honest I didn't like the recent vidya anymore, the best games I played in my childhood. Literally nothing worth living for no more.

I feel the same way. Some of the best memories i had was of playing games like oblivion, half life 2, etc.

wish i could play more games tbh

I used to spend whole afternoons playing this from beginning to end:

I regret nothing

I used to play this game as a kid.

I guess it was ok. I wish I had megaman zero back then.
Actually I don't really regret it at all either.

Last edited:
Not like you had any other choice tbh. Your looks were too low to integrate with the "cool" kids.

Unfortunately this, we ended up playing computer games or watching films or reading books or playing sports because there was nothing else for us to do.

I wouldn't have tried playing sports tbh. Wasted a lot of time on that.

I unironically think of my high school years playing video games every day as a golden age. Not that I wasn't depressed (I was), it's just that things got so much worse after

I unironically think of my high school years playing video games every day as a golden age. Not that I wasn't depressed (I was), it's just that things got so much worse after
This. Skipped prom to play Resident Evil with a friend of mine. I don't think of it as a wasted youth, I think that was the best time in my life. Would do anything to do that again.

what games did u play?

Yeah, I agree. The fondest period in my life was being a teenage brat, going back from school to play some Modern Warfare 2 on pirated servers (IWnet for the win). Then, when I got closer to reaching my adulthood I went on a desperate spree of self-improvement. Completely cut out video games from my life foolishly thinking they were the cause of my social alienation. I hit the gym, completely changed the clothes I was wearing, got my driver's licence and bought a car. All for nothing. All that time, money and energy wasted. Self-improvement really is just a masturbation with a different name when you're sub5.

This. Skipped prom to play Resident Evil with a friend of mine. I don't think of it as a wasted youth, I think that was the best time in my life. Would do anything to do that again.
At the time I seriously thought I could do that forever. I already knew foids deemed me hideous but I didn't care, I knew people didn't want to have me around but I was fine staying at home. Then the loneliness really kicked in
what games did u play?
Mostly normie stuff. Dragonball, Bully, Shadow of Rome, and a lot of sports which everyone in my school played (this was 10-12 years ago btw)

Last edited:
At the time I seriously thought I could do that forever. I already knew foids deemed me hideous but I didn't care, I knew people didn't want to have me around but I was fine staying at home. Then the loneliness really kicked in

Mostly normie stuff. Dragonball, Bully, Shadow of Rome, and a lot of sports which everyone in my school played (this was 10-12 years ago btw)
This could be written by me, extremely similiar experience. As I still had one friend to play games with life was a dozens time more tolerable.

the best game fucking ever

I don’t regret playing video games I just wish I did other things differently.

tbh one of the stupidest thing I did was trying to act chad and apply the :redpill: theory
lost many opportunities of making friends with that bullshit

MW2 year was possibly the best year of gaming for me. I remember if I had to go outside all i could think about was getting back to play mw2. Id wake up late play mw2 all day only get up for 5 mins to grab chocolate or some shit snacks then rinse and repeat until bed time like 4 am. Jfl I found the game so fun and barely any games have come close other than bo2 was pretty close for me also bo3 was one of the newest jet pack cods yet i loved that too.

Doing PvP on wow was the best thing

Yeah, I agree. The fondest period in my life was being a teenage brat, going back from school to play some Modern Warfare 2 on pirated servers (IWnet for the win). Then, when I got closer to reaching my adulthood I went on a desperate spree of self-improvement. Completely cut out video games from my life foolishly thinking they were the cause of my social alienation. I hit the gym, completely changed the clothes I was wearing, got my driver's licence and bought a car. All for nothing. All that time, money and energy wasted. Self-improvement really is just a masturbation with a different name when you're sub5.
EXACTLY the story of my life. Minus the car and plus an engineering degree. All for nothing.

MW2 year was possibly the best year of gaming for me. I remember if I had to go outside all i could think about was getting back to play mw2. Id wake up late play mw2 all day only get up for 5 mins to grab chocolate or some shit snacks then rinse and repeat until bed time like 4 am. Jfl I found the game so fun and barely any games have come close other than bo2 was pretty close for me also bo3 was one of the newest jet pack cods yet i loved that too.

It really was a golden age, standing on its own. MW2 circa 2009 and Halo3 circa 2008 were probably the only times I have seen a large majority of online players coalesce around the same title. After those made it big, every studio and their mother began chasing the pop-shooter and ever since, gamers have been fractured into ever smaller pools by individual game.

Will there ever be another time when there is a globally popular game that everyone plays?

I regret not self improving and trying harder when I was younger. I went total blackpill rope mode after my first rejection at 12 and no-lifed games until I was like 17 and had a bluepill revival and started trying again.

I can honestly map my life based on Battlefield releases; most notably, my life has been an expanding pile of rhino shit after BF3 without interruption

It really was a golden age, standing on its own. MW2 circa 2009 and Halo3 circa 2008 were probably the only times I have seen a large majority of online players coalesce around the same title. After those made it big, every studio and their mother began chasing the pop-shooter and ever since, gamers have been fractured into ever smaller pools by individual game.

Will there ever be another time when there is a globally popular game that everyone plays?
Nah unfortunately not. As you say those were the only real shooters around their time of release especially for the consoles, 360 in particular for me. Nowadays people are spread out some like overwatch some like tf2 some like csgo some still like cod some will play the new valorant etc etc. Only way we will experience those times again is if we build a time machine jfl.

Cod4 and cod5 Were like literal cocaine for me. It was fun but after a while you knew it wasnt healthy. I played because it helped me escape my shitty life in school and at home

It’s all that was available

I don't regret playing as a kid but later I could have learnt many things instead of so much playing games. I always wanted to learn how to draw or play the guitar

Vidyas are a great cope

Playing video games innocently was probably the best period of my life as well. I regret being born.
A lot of us regret the losing of our childhood innocence, though many others saw it as a bad thing which clouded our view of reality. It depends on the person I guess.

A lot of us regret the losing of our childhood innocence, though many others saw it as a bad thing which clouded our view of reality. It depends on the person I guess.
I would even go as far as saying that both points of view are understandable.

Yes I would have played video games non stop, then ODed on Coke. The absolute best way I can imagine to go out besides getting a goer watch
ODing on coke wouldn’t be that great tbh, you’d have a heart attack. Heroine would probably be more pleasant as you’d lose consciousness.

Those are the happiest I've ever been in my life. These games are absolutely no where near as fun anymore
Truly the happiest I've been in my life

This is exactly why I keep saying "happiness" is not a valid criteria for determining whether a choice was beneficial or not, because its too subjective and always influenced by emotions

Why don't we apply your logic to the situation of a man who was married but found out years later his wife was always cheating on him and all of his children aren't his

"I still don't regret it, those were the happiest years of my life"

Yes, BECAUSE YOU WERE IGNORANT

Ignorance is never something to be glad about or to celebrate

Do I regret all the years I spent playing games, no, but not because it made me happy, but because its the specific games I played that formed the basis for the way I think I view the world, but how happy you were should never be factor, happiness will make you validate anything as a good decision, it will blind you from the truth

So what if you were happy, of course you were happy you were ignorant of all that you were missing out on and were going to miss out on in life

There were some games I didn't need to play and I only played to "pass the time", and I could have passed that time doing more important stuff that would have benefited me now

The only thing I regret is taking that away from myself when I tried to "self improve" through diet, socializing, sports, gym, etc. All a massive waste of time

Yeah it was a waste of time, you were "looksmaxxing"

This is exactly why I keep saying "happiness" is not a valid criteria for determining whether a choice was beneficial or not, because its too subjective and always influenced by emotions

Why don't we apply your logic to the situation of a man who was married but found out years later his wife was always cheating on him and all of his children aren't his

"I still don't regret it, those were the happiest years of my life"

Yes, BECAUSE YOU WERE IGNORANT

Ignorance is never something to be glad about or to celebrate

Do I regret all the years I spent playing games, no, but not because it made me happy, but because its the specific games I played that formed the basis for the way I think I view the world, but how happy you were should never be factor, happiness will make you validate anything as a good decision, it will blind you from the truth

So what if you were happy, of course you were happy you were ignorant of all that you were missing out on and were going to miss out on in life

There were some games I didn't need to play and I only played to "pass the time", and I could have passed that time doing more important stuff that would have benefited me now

Yeah it was a waste of time, you were "looksmaxxing"
I knew I was "missing out" and being left out of everything. So what? What was the other option? All of my attempts to stop "missing out" only lead to me feeling awful and like a clown every time I got denied time and time again. So much sweat, hunger, sore muscles endlessly trying to "self improve" which all leadto nothing but feeling bad.

I was not ignorant at all. I was not stupid. I had a sibling who always partied all the time and obviously never ever allowed me to so much as breathe near her at one of these. I knew I was "missing out", but what's the point in wasting energy on something you can't achieve? Those were locked out for me as I was neither good looking, popular, rich, or had a vagina. What was the point in fighting a losing battle?

I don't give a shit, those were the best years I've ever had and I don't regret them at all. However when I DID try to "not be left out", that I immensely regret.

Last edited:
I'd regret it if I actually had other options, but I didn't.

The best thing about video games is that they are a lot of fun to go back and play again, or play other games from the same era that you didn't pick up for one reason or another. I still mostly play games from the 80s and 90s.

Fuuuuck I miss modern warfare 2 so much

giphy.gif

Such a great game

I feel nostalgic about coming home from school and booting up some mw2

I put so many hours into that game that to this day I vividly remember every detail about every map

I used to play this game as a kid.

I guess it was ok. I wish I had megaman zero back then.
Actually I don't really regret it at all either.

The Zero series is the best in the entire MegaMan franchise.