Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I hate English Dubs (Anime)

Kointo1

Kointo1

27 y/o khhv neet outcast
-
[video=youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFU9ozia6V0[/video]

kussan said:
Dub is for normies

Indeed. I can't browse anime videos on YouTube anymore without encountering cringe inducing English voice acting.

Sounds like people who want to go home 

The only dub I kinda liked was the death note one

Themisterpepsi said:
Sounds like people who want to go home 

The only dub I kinda liked was the death note one

I don't like any dub tbh.

They all sound so cheesy and fake.

Kointo said:
I don't like any dub tbh.

They all sound so cheesy and fake.

True, mouth movement is always off

Only time an english dub was better than the original was Cowboy Bebop. 
Every other english dub is a downgrade of varying ranges.

FiliumExMachina said:
Only time an english dub was better than the original was Cowboy Bebop. 
Every other english dub is a downgrade of varying ranges.

I watched the Cowboy Bebop sub, so I wouldn't know.

Kointo said:
I watched the Cowboy Bebop sub, so I wouldn't know.

I recall reading somewhere that Watanabe himself (director of CB) claimed he preferred the english version over the japanese one. I'd say you could give it a shot.

FiliumExMachina said:
I recall reading somewhere that Watanabe himself (director of CB) claimed he preferred the english version over the japanese one. I'd say you could give it a shot.

I might if I decide to rewatch it.

only weeaboos don't like english dub.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/u0vkfC8yNbI[/video]

I don't like the german dub

Facade said:
[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/u0vkfC8yNbI[/video]

I don't like the german dub

Me neither lol.

Kointo said:
Me neither lol.

I wonder how german sounds to non native speakers I guess I'll never know that

Facade said:
I wonder how german sounds to non native speakers I guess I'll never know that

There's a lot of nasally sounds like "ech" and "eetch"

I'll never know what English sounds like to non English speakers.

Kointo said:
There's a lot of nasally sounds like "ech" and "eetch"

I'll never know what English sounds like to non English speakers.

Idk I kinda forgot how english sounded before I learned it.

The Panty and Stocking and Space Dandy dubs are better

but most dubs use the same 12 VAs with awkwardly synced and translated lines

dragon ball's dub is far, far better than the sub

if something was designed for specified language enjoy it that way. 2d girls and english language just don't go along, that's why I hate it when they dub japanese games

Akarin said:
if something was designed for specified language enjoy it that way. 2d girls and english language just don't go along, that's why I hate it when they dub japanese games

Yeah I agree.

I played Nier Automata subbed because of that.

FMA and Baccano English dubbed are okay.

I do half half

Kointo said:
How do you do it, watch dubs?

Some I watch dub some are sub. Just too lazy to read sometimes.

The only thing that works almost as well as a dub is GITS: SAC, because the VA are all monotone. Everything else is terrible.

tumblr_njgst4Q7r31u6u7kfo1_500.gif

A Good Friend said:
The only thing that works almost as well as a dub is GITS: SAC, because the VA are all monotone. Everything else is terrible.

You mean as well as the sub?

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
You mean as well as the sub?

Yeah, I didn't have a computer for a long time, so my only option was toonami. I watched most of it there. After I got a pc, I went sub and never looked back, but until then I had watch Bebop, GITS, and FMA '03 dubbed. FMA dubs were awful. Fucking Vic Mignona.

A Good Friend said:
Yeah, I didn't have a computer for a long time, so my only option was toonami. I watched most of it there. After I got a pc, I went sub and never looked back, but until then I had watch Bebop, GITS, and FMA '03 dubbed. FMA dubs were awful. Fucking Vic Mignona.

Is full metal alchemist good? I was thinking of watching brotherhood.

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
Is full metal alchemist good? I was thinking of watching brotherhood.
Both are good, but I watched 2003 first, so it's always like the "proper" one to me.

Bhood and '03 are almost identical to a point. Bhood looks a little better, but '03 had a darker style. '03 was finished before the manga, so they make up the last twenty or so episodes, Bhood is a lot like the manga, but it gets a little silly and over the top.

A Good Friend said:
Both are good, but I watched 2003 first, so it's always like the "proper" one to me.

Bhood and '03 are almost identical to a point. Bhood looks a little better, but '03 had a darker style. '03 was finished before the manga, so they make up the last twenty or so episodes, Bhood is a lot like the manga, but it gets a little silly and over the top.

Why didn't you have a computer for the longest time?

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
Why didn't you have a computer for the longest time?

I was blogging about it earlier in some thread. Basically didn't have one growing up because working class + no one gave a shit, by the time I could buy one, I didn't really care. It wasn't until someone gave me one that I bothered lounging around on the internet all day.

A Good Friend said:
I was blogging about it earlier in some thread. Basically didn't have one growing up because working class + no one gave a shit, by the time I could buy one, I didn't really care. It wasn't until someone gave me one that I bothered lounging around on the internet all day.

I've been on the internet ever since I was 15 in 2005.

When did you start using it?

Kointo said:
A Good Friend said:
I've been on the internet ever since I was 15 in 2005.
When did you start using it?
Painfully recently, like five or six years ago. I mean, I used it for work or school shit before then, but I've only been addicted that long. I actually went out and did stuff before then. Failed normie, I guess.

A Good Friend said:
Painfully recently, like five or six years ago. I mean, I used it for work or school shit before then, but I've only been addicted that long. I actually went out and did stuff before then. Failed normie, I guess.

I've never gone out and done stuff.

LDAR champion right here.

Dh5exUC.gif