Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I hate being a wageslave

298r651

298r651

Recruit
★★★
Being a wageslave really sucks. Most days I just ldar, but occasionally I'll be working on personal projects and hobbies and be really in the zone, then I notice the time and I have to stop what I'm doing and go waste 9 - 10 hours getting ready for and going to work. By the time I get back home my momentum is entirely dead. I'm usually so exhausted I have no energy to do anything but sleep.

I only realized recently just how much my productivity suffered from wage slavery. I was working on some old projects, and wondered why it'd been so long (over a year) since I'd done any work on them. Then I looked at the dates on my files and notes, and realized that the drop off in productivity directly aligned with the dates I stopped being NEET. Looking back, I had an entire year where I was constantly studying, working on projects, learning new skills, and then a massive hole starting not even 10 days after my first day of work. Its depressing to think how much potential is just wasted away to wage slavery.

I never got why people get so angry about the prospect of automation. Every job I've ever had has been menial labor that could easily be replaced by a robot or a computer program. I hope I live to see a day when that becomes a reality, and people have all the free time they want and can receive Universal Basic Income. I've met many people say they hate being NEET, that they start going crazy from not having a job.

For me I never understood that. I was far happier as a NEET. I spent my days peacefully. I woke up when I felt like, I would go for long walks in the days and nights, I took naps in the afternoon.

I spent a lot of days doing absolutely nothing, but even those days were deeply satisfying. If I wanted to, I could spend all day playing video games. Other days I'd practice piano or guitar, or read literature, or study maths, or make cool computer programs. My social life was also healthier, I even started a small band and we would practice and play music together. I got far more exercise as well. Since I had time to rest, I actually had the energy to cook most days, trying out new recipes and improving my culinary skills. My soul has never been more at ease.

Meanwhile as a wageslave, despite having better finances, my lifestyle has suffered immensely.Most of the time I'm stressed out. My sleep schedule is garbage. I eat unhealthy fast food for nearly every single meal. I no longer exercise. I am far too exhausted to embark on intellectual or creative endeavors most days. It's just an endless loop of work, get home, scrolling through internet and jerking off before passing out and doing it all over again the next day. On my days off I'm still too mentally drained to do anything most of the time.

Wage slaving sucks.

Last edited:
Wage slaving is my worst fear

I've met many people say they hate being NEET, that they start going crazy from not having a job.

For me I never understood that.
Normies can't handle it. I'm four years NEET and 0% missing having to go to work.

Alot of people hate being NEET because a job provides a routine while being NEET doesn't

But since you had a fun routine goin while being NEET it makes sense why you miss it and having a fun routine as a NEET beats wageslaving

Also what project are you doing
All sorts of different stuff. Web crawlers, random number generator, probability simulation, number sequence generators, musical recordings, painting. Pretty much if I read about some algorithm or interesting topic in a book I'll try and implement it myself in some way.

Normies can't handle it. I'm four years NEET and 0% missing having to go to work.
It's incredible to me how many people NEED someone to tell them what to do or they just go insane. They always talk about boredom and I simply can't relate. I will always find some way to spend my time and even if I'm bored I'd rather be bored on my own free time than bored at work or just being bogged down by menial busywork. It only makes sense to me for people who have actually interesting and engaging jobs to have that mentality, but even a bunch of office workers, cashiers, and food and retail workers will say they NEED a job to feel sane or even worse, to feel sense of self value. Poor souls.

It's incredible to me how many people NEED someone to tell them what to do or they just go insane. They always talk about boredom and I simply can't relate. I will always find some way to spend my time and even if I'm bored I'd rather be bored on my own free time than bored at work or just being bogged down by menial busywork. It only makes sense to me for people who have actually interesting and engaging jobs to have that mentality, but even a bunch of office workers, cashiers, and food and retail workers will say they NEED a job to feel sane or even worse, to feel sense of self value. Poor souls.
You're preaching to the choir, dude. These morons must be beyond dumb for not working out how to live free.

You're preaching to the choir, dude. These morons must be beyond dumb for not working out how to live free.
Teach me your ways master. How can I escape the rat race?

Teach me your ways master. How can I escape the rat race?
I get neetbux for depression. Not a lot, but enough to live on (United Cuckdom). And in the last post I just meant they're dumb for not knowing how to fill free time. I know having to work can't be avoided most of the time.

Last edited:
My guy, nobody likes being a wage slave. Hince the term "wageslave".

pERfectly described my current hell of a wageslave life, NEET lifestyle is the best lifestyle and pretty much everyone in the world aspires to one day be able to live the NEET life.

People chase wealth and aim to become rich for the sole purpose of one day no longer having to work and being able to NEET, to gain the ability to enjoy life to its maximum due to having all the money (and therefore free time) to do what you want.

I would NEET if I could, but unfortunately my parents don’t give me any money so I have to work to earn the money to afford my copes. If money wasn’t the issue, if I had enough money to afford copes for the rest of my life, I’d become NEET for the rest of my life.

Whatever shekels you’re earning can nevER compensate for the time you are losing from your life, time is the most valuable resource.

I spent such a long time as a NEET (like 18 months) and no longer have much of interest in video games so I have no reason to be a NEET anymore. I got everything done that I wanted.

pERfectly described my current hell of a wageslave life, NEET lifestyle is the best lifestyle and pretty much everyone in the world aspires to one day be able to live the NEET life.

People chase wealth and aim to become rich for the sole purpose of one day no longer having to work and being able to NEET, to gain the ability to enjoy life to its maximum due to having all the money (and therefore free time) to do what you want.

I would NEET if I could, but unfortunately my parents don’t give me any money so I have to work to earn the money to afford my copes. If money wasn’t the issue, if I had enough money to afford copes for the rest of my life, I’d become NEET for the rest of my life.

Whatever shekels you’re earning can nevER compensate for the time you are losing from your life, time is the most valuable resource.
sad truth. once the time is gone. it never returns. I especially hate how our bodies age and fall apart so fast. Filthy weak fleshbags!

Being a wageslave really sucks. Most days I just ldar, but occasionally I'll be working on personal projects and hobbies and be really in the zone, then I notice the time and I have to stop what I'm doing and go waste 9 - 10 hours getting ready for and going to work. By the time I get back home my momentum is entirely dead. I'm usually so exhausted I have no energy to do anything but sleep.

I only realized recently just how much my productivity suffered from wage slavery. I was working on some old projects, and wondered why it'd been so long (over a year) since I'd done any work on them. Then I looked at the dates on my files and notes, and realized that the drop off in productivity directly aligned with the dates I stopped being NEET. Looking back, I had an entire year where I was constantly studying, working on projects, learning new skills, and then a massive hole starting not even 10 days after my first day of work. Its depressing to think how much potential is just wasted away to wage slavery.

I never got why people get so angry about the prospect of automation. Every job I've ever had has been menial labor that could easily be replaced by a robot or a computer program. I hope I live to see a day when that becomes a reality, and people have all the free time they want and can receive Universal Basic Income. I've met many people say they hate being NEET, that they start going crazy from not having a job.

For me I never understood that. I was far happier as a NEET. I spent my days peacefully. I woke up when I felt like, I would go for long walks in the days and nights, I took naps in the afternoon.

I spent a lot of days doing absolutely nothing, but even those days were deeply satisfying. If I wanted to, I could spend all day playing video games. Other days I'd practice piano or guitar, or read literature, or study maths, or make cool computer programs. My social life was also healthier, I even started a small band and we would practice and play music together. I got far more exercise as well. Since I had time to rest, I actually had the energy to cook most days, trying out new recipes and improving my culinary skills. My soul has never been more at ease.

Meanwhile as a wageslave, despite having better finances, my lifestyle has suffered immensely.Most of the time I'm stressed out. My sleep schedule is garbage. I eat unhealthy fast food for nearly every single meal. I no longer exercise. I am far too exhausted to embark on intellectual or creative endeavors most days. It's just an endless loop of work, get home, scrolling through internet and jerking off before passing out and doing it all over again the next day. On my days off I'm still too mentally drained to do anything most of the time.

Wage slaving sucks.
When automation comes most people will become a liability and hence exterminated. And most normies won't cope well with not being able to lift heavy things and losing their sense of usefulness in society. Maybe in the far future but I don't see it happening with all these Andrew Tate and self improvement hyper masculine types running a muck in today's world.

Wage slaving sucks.
I already have the burden of being ugly I'm not going to slave myself for life because "muhh you have to work to be successful"

Only normies slave themselves away (Very low iq move)

Wageslaving in a job that you like would be lifefuel.

I spent such a long time as a NEET (like 18 months) and no longer have much of interest in video games so I have no reason to be a NEET anymore. I got everything done that I wanted.
Glad to hear someone else had to do this too. I basically took something like a year off and lived on my savings (cashed 401(k), ate ramen) and painted and hung out online. It’s like I needed either to detox from work or get something else out of my system. Whatever it was, it was good for me and I’m back in working life.

I nearly hit that point myself recently but went back to school for a bit. Don't really know what I would have done with myself if I didn't though

If I had to wageslave ever in my life I'd do everything in my power to get on neetbuxx and live a 24/7/365 neet lifestyle with focus on one thing and one thing only, my dick.

If I had to wageslave ever in my life I'd do everything in my power to get on neetbuxx and live a 24/7/365 neet lifestyle with focus on one thing and one thing only, my dick.
based