Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I Had The Best Time In The PsychWard...

Eremetic

Eremetic

Neo Luddite • Unknown
-
My current living situation often leaves me feeling isolated, I found that my time receiving treatment in the psychiatric facility provided significantly more social opportunities and interaction. Within that structured environment, I was able to engage with both peers and medical professionals on a regular basis. This frequent socialization did much to alleviate the loneliness I experience in my daily life outside of such a setting.

Interacting with others was readily facilitated in the ward through both scheduled activities and informal discussions. I formed bonds and connections more easily there than I typically do now in my normal routines. The social aspects of that experience served as a reprieve from what can at times be a solitary existence. Though the circumstances were difficult, being in that therapeutic community left me feeling less alone and bore.

I have found that I often look back fondly on the peak social period during my psychiatric admission. While recognizing the complex realities of that time, the relational fulfillment it provided stands in contrast to my present experiences of isolation and lack of engagement. Though wishing cannot change my current situation, some part of me holds out hope that I might find community comparable to what sustained me within those walls.

@THE TRUE DIGLET

Wish I Could Turn Back Time To The Good Old Days

I told you this would happen nigga

nigga the way you write makes me think someone's holding a gun to your head forcing you to say this stuff

but i agree when i was hospitalized (twice) i enjoyed my stays

lot of cool people there

dont get shipped to state psychiatric hospitals doh those are dangeroooose

Couldn't have been psychiatric intensive care because no one in there is friendly.

Have your care work arrange weekly attendance to art classes, do volunteer work at charity shops, volunteer work in charity kitchens. They are other charities who look for people to visit the elderly to give them company.

Attend church meetings. Quakers are friendly.

Last edited:
Couldn't have been psychiatric intensive care because no one in there is friendly.

Have your care work arrange weekly attendance to art classes, do volunteer work at charity shops, volunteer work in charity kitchens. They are other charities who look for people to visit elderly to give them company.
I dont really know too much in depth about the psychiatric industry. I recieved no care work only 1 person came to see me for 10 mins but other than that they disappeared

I dont really know too much in depth about the psychiatric industry. I recieved no care work only 1 person came to see me for 10 mins but other than that they disappeared
Are you home now? Left the ward? You should have at least one care worker assigned to you. They can help with finding you volunteer work and art classes where you will meet people.

What about adult classes where you can learn pottery and skills like that. They are plenty other groups to learn programming too, often held in colleges. Book clubs too for face to face chats. All free, no charge.

Don't be isolated if it's making you ill. Start with says 2 hours a day, Mon and Fri volunteer work in a charity shop.

Are you home now? Left the ward? You should have at least one care worker assigned to you. They can help with finding you volunteer work and art classes where you will meet people.

What about adult classes where you can learn pottery and skills like that. They are plenty other groups to learn programming too, often held in colleges. Book clubs too for face to face chats. All free, no charge.

Don't be isolated if it's making you ill. Start with says 2 hours a day, Mon and Fri volunteer work in a charity shop.
Yeah left the ward. If anyone visits me again i will ask them, thanks for the suggestions.