Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I get bored of modern games

ne4rthend

ne4rthend

SEAmaxx is my last hope.
These days I'm thinking of selling my gaming laptop due to a lack of interest in modern video games, despite having tried out various genres. In fact, the only ones that kept me hooked were remakes of old games. I think this can be explained by a video game industry that prefers to produce games to suit a wider audience and accumulate profits, rather than targeting real enthusiasts as it once did. Today's demand from gaymers is simple: they want more realistic graphics, tons of cinematics and increasingly bland, empty open worlds.

I hate to see my hobby invaded by normies and foids because they've contributed to lowering standards by consuming the latest releases containing DRM protections that affect performance. "ho hoh oho elden ring is a such a masterpiece " yeah go fuck yourself

I think I'll stick to my phone for emulating retro games, which I think is the best alternative to the degeneration of video games.

consider keeping you laptop for using with emulators, ps2 emulation aint that good on phone

You need to autism max and find one game to sink thousands of hours into

Reject Modernity
1nyex36iv7u71

Embrace Tradition
Images

I mainly play older games on my laptop and Xbox. If you have money available, look for deals on older games you like

consider keeping you laptop for using with emulators, ps2 emulation aint that good on phone
yeah i might keep my PC for emulation but I already had the opportunity to see gameplay on aethersx2 with a snapdragon 8gen phone and it seems to run well.

You need to autism max and find one game to sink thousands of hours into
can't do that , i enjoy completing and playing various games

Cyberfag

screenshot i took when i tried cyberpunk 2077

Modern games are pretty shit. My gaming laptop is aged by a few years, but it’s powerful enough to play older games with a shit ton of mods and also for basic VR, which is perfect.

Would you get a lot back for selling it?

Modern games are pretty shit. My gaming laptop is aged by a few years, but it’s powerful enough to play older games with a shit ton of mods and also for basic VR, which is perfect.

Would you get a lot back for selling it?
I recently bought this pc on amazon and have the option of returning it and getting my money back within 30 days. Do you play PC games exclusively or do you use emulators too?

Modern games = slop and reused assets.

I recently bought this pc on amazon and have the option of returning it and getting my money back within 30 days. Do you play PC games exclusively or do you use emulators too?
I mostly play pc games but also have been meaning to use emulators, I want to play chrono trigger and I read that SNES version is the best. Used to use emulators a lot more, but similar to the modern game conundrum, I think i've mostly emulated what I wanted to years ago, nothing recent that seems good to emulate

I don't have that problem, while new games are worse than old ones there are still plenty of games that keep you entertained but you need to experiment you can't only play a single genre forever. If i get tired of a new game i will play something older on the emulator (it doesn't even need to be 20+ years old title, switch can also be emulated).

Build a decent retro gaming Windows XP, i Promise this, to BE a shrine made of Epic sauce.

A 2012 GPU is enough to Ride whatever you want, and 2GB of memory RAM.
A mandatory x-fi soundcard, the Live! models for music, or Titanium SB0880.
The rest is up to you.

I got 2 of these bad boys.
One original from 2007 with enough changes to make it Distinct and most compatible ranging from Windows 98 up until 2009 games.
Has the fastest Dual Core CPU out the market, the E8600 3.33Ghz.

The other maxxed out in specs(i74790/GTX960), installed on an SSD.
Both are 32 bit systems.

By far compared to my win10 desktop, they have a special aura. Most of my time computing is spent on Windows XP PCs for a reason!

Build a decent retro gaming Windows XP, i Promise this, to BE a shrine made of Epic sauce.

A 2012 GPU is enough to Ride whatever you want, and 2GB of memory RAM.
A mandatory x-fi soundcard, the Live! models for music, or Titanium SB0880.
The rest is up to you.

I got 2 of these bad boys.
One original from 2007 with enough changes to make it Distinct and most compatible ranging from Windows 98 up until 2009 games.
Has the fastest Dual Core CPU out the market, the E8600 3.33Ghz.

The other maxxed out in specs(i74790/GTX960), installed on an SSD.
Both are 32 bit systems.

By far compared to my win10 desktop, they have a special aura. Most of my time computing is spent on Windows XP PCs for a reason!

View: https://youtu.be/ONu8l8HsT2Y?si=Nj66cvFreNs2eMku

Here is a sample from Thy Temple

modern games aren't even finished

don't get me started on that slop called "indie games"

These days I'm thinking of selling my gaming laptop due to a lack of interest in modern video games, despite having tried out various genres. In fact, the only ones that kept me hooked were remakes of old games. I think this can be explained by a video game industry that prefers to produce games to suit a wider audience and accumulate profits, rather than targeting real enthusiasts as it once did. Today's demand from gaymers is simple: they want more realistic graphics, tons of cinematics and increasingly bland, empty open worlds.

I hate to see my hobby invaded by normies and foids because they've contributed to lowering standards by consuming the latest releases containing DRM protections that affect performance. "ho hoh oho elden ring is a such a masterpiece " yeah go fuck yourself

I think I'll stick to my phone for emulating retro games, which I think is the best alternative to the degeneration of video games.
Keep it tbh because you can just emulate old games