Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I find funny how most people I meet online thinks brazil is some giga violent narco state

T

Tenshi

Banned
-
media is a bitch, people always ask me how can I live here, or if I live in some favela in the middle of the jungle jfl.

I never really noticed such blatant violence like people make it seem. Like it's literally uninhabitable. If I look up homicide rates and see the data, the state where I live would be "safer" than some american states like louisiana, alabama and even alaska. Your burgercels could tell me better how violent are these places irl. The same can be said regarding crimes like robbery which is by far a way more common crime here.

It's a violent country like many other poor, latin american countries, but basically there's a lot of hysteria regarding this country's violence. The same effect does happen in the other side of the spectrum as well, in brazil people seem to believe the US is this super violent country where school shootings happen everyday. Same deal in japan also thanks to anti-gun propaganda.

Last edited:
In south and southeast its not that violent tho

I definitely wouldn't wanna be in a Brazilian prison that's for sure

We all know some simp cuck gang member had a gun to your head when you wrote this.
got me again :feelsbadman:

30-306009_feels-bad-man-pepe-the-frog-brazil-clipart.png

Ngl, watching Bestgore and Hoodsite videos definitely shaped my view of Brazil. But yeah, I agree the Media isn't always real life.

Ngl, watching Bestgore and Hoodsite videos definitely shaped my view of Brazil. But yeah, I agree the Media isn't always real life.

ngl its peaceful here on my gated community.
On the outside, thats another story.

It is the favelas that give Brazil a bad reputation. Also all of the brazlilian gang activities filmed and put on liveleak and bestgore (rip)

There's a lot of violence but the vast majority of it is concentrated in specific places. If you don't live there, you don't see it.

My cousin visited Brazil (Salvador, I think), he liked it very much

My cousin visited Brazil (Salvador, I think), he liked it very much
went there as well when I was a kid. Usually up north it's more dangerous but that's where the best beaches and many tourist attractions are.

Yeah - a lot of Americans don't realise Brazil is just America on steroids to some degree.

You know if you're in the wealthy suburbs of most major cities you are pretty safe and there is plenty money about. If you're in bum fuck nowhere Montana or rural Pennsylvania in Amish country you're pretty safe. If you're in downtown Detroit or the south side of Chicago? Yeah. You're probably going to die. Just like in America the elite of Brazil are all light skinned of European descent while the people killing each other in the favelas are mulattos and blacks who descend from slaves and natives.

Most light skinned Brazilians live nearly as well as Europeans - they probably just don't have as much disposable income - although some things are probably cheaper in Brazil than in the US or Europe.

My reading of Latin America in terms of income is that Linux is big in South America - so they are making do with older hardware and so are older games consoles. People run pirate servers to play old skool halo on "live" and stuff like that.

@Mainländer what is 55chan like explain pls dedsrs

Tons of popular American shows revolve around jbwers buying drugs from Mexico and South American countries, so everyone just imagines South America as a giant shithole where cartels reign supreme and everyone deals cocaine and meth.

@Mainländer what is 55chan like explain pls dedsrs
It used to be a pretty decent imageboard till the mid 2010s, but then became a shithole with a terrible moderation/admin team. I was banned there like 40 times, every little thing gets you banned. I stopped using it for good some months ago.

It says it will close in January 2021, which if lifefuel because it had been only getting worse and worse but it was still hoarding most of the BR imageboard population due to the power of the 55chan name and more traffic. Time to let this battered ship sink so that a new, fresher one can take the lead. I hope BRchan comes back, it was a better imageboard overall tbh.

I got used to this forum and can't really fit in imageboards anymore. Too much flamewar and low effort, and anonimity is cool in some aspects but it's cooler to have a forum where you know who's who.

Last edited:
media is a bitch, people always ask me how can I live here, or if I live in some favela in the middle of the jungle jfl.

I never really noticed such blatant violence like people make it seem. Like it's literally uninhabitable. If I look up homicide rates and see the data, the state where I live would be "safer" than some american states like louisiana, alabama and even alaska. Your burgercels could tell me better how violent are these places irl. The same can be said regarding crimes like robbery which is by far a way more common crime here.

It's a violent country like many other poor, latin american countries, but basically there's a lot of hysteria regarding this country's violence. The same effect does happen in the other side of the spectrum as well, in brazil people seem to believe the US is this super violent country where school shootings happen everyday. Same deal in japan also thanks to anti-gun propaganda.
tbh I only get that impression of Brazilian big cities and surrounding favelas. Not really other parts as much although like in any other country there can be gang activity anywhere.

Its cause of all the videos online. Everyone in brazil is either a thug or an undercover cop.

Yeah - a lot of Americans don't realise Brazil is just America on steroids to some degree.

You know if you're in the wealthy suburbs of most major cities you are pretty safe and there is plenty money about. If you're in bum fuck nowhere Montana or rural Pennsylvania in Amish country you're pretty safe. If you're in downtown Detroit or the south side of Chicago? Yeah. You're probably going to die. Just like in America the elite of Brazil are all light skinned of European descent while the people killing each other in the favelas are mulattos and blacks who descend from slaves and natives.

Most light skinned Brazilians live nearly as well as Europeans - they probably just don't have as much disposable income - although some things are probably cheaper in Brazil than in the US or Europe.

My reading of Latin America in terms of income is that Linux is big in South America - so they are making do with older hardware and so are older games consoles. People run pirate servers to play old skool halo on "live" and stuff like that.
That's a pretty decent understanding of our country tbh I also share your views and this analogy. Yeah cost of living is okay, someone with an similar income as the average or even a poor european/american would find things here pretty cheap.

As for the piracy thing it is indeed a huge thing here, they pirate even free games jfl.

I got used to this forum and can't really fit in imageboards anymore. Too much flamewar and low effort, and anonimity is cool in some aspects but it's cooler to have a forum where you know who's who.
that's why the imageboard thing never really amused me tbh. I've been using forums since 2011 at this point, so I got used to the anonimity but somehow being able to have a persona and be known for it.

Tons of popular American shows revolve around jbwers buying drugs from Mexico and South American countries, so everyone just imagines South America as a giant shithole where cartels reign supreme and everyone deals cocaine and meth.
jfl many first world youngcels here mog me on knowing about drugs and where to buy it indeed, I don't fucking know where one can buy drugs without risking his life going to some favela.

tbh I only get that impression of Brazilian big cities and surrounding favelas. Not really other parts as much although like in any other country there can be gang activity anywhere.
Violence have been decreasing quite a lot recently, at least when looking to statistics (like judging by now, there'll probably be a 50% drop in murders in the last two years). Especially since we got a non completely cucked government now. If we follow this path I expect Brazil to be a relatively safer place in the next decade, perhaps even slightly below world's average.

Yes, these latino people looks like they are the worst, most brutal videos came from the, ISIS is very humane in comparsion

While I'm sure a lot of people exaggerate the extent of criminality there, that place does seem to have a very pervasive criminal subculture, and widespread street and gang criminality compared to most other nations.

I got used to the anonimity but somehow being able to have a persona and be known for it.
Yeah, it's the perfect balance. It's like the tripfaggotry on imageboards, lots of people hated it but I liked it tbh.

Last edited:
There's a lot of violence but the vast majority of it is concentrated in specific places. If you don't live there, you don't see it.
Same in US. Most US counties have lower crime than anywhere else in the West. Our cities are another story.

Brazil is a meme country tbh. Memes like go to brazil, monkey, sopa de macaco, king of liveleak.

The same can be said regarding crimes like robbery which is by far a way more common crime here.
Most countries that you get robbed in plain day light are shit holes. I know mexico it is common too. In the USA not so much, possibly in the dangerous cites like chimpcago.

My condolences