Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I finally read all One Piece

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
It has took me like three months but I finally did it, I read all One Piece manga chapters released until this day. When I was in primary and middle school I loved this series and I read both the manga and anime but not completely, just some sagas and then I watched AMVs on youtube or in One Piece wiki I read about the lore. I dropped out the anime because the animation was shit and the pace was too slow, then I looked at the wiki and of course it was slow, some anime chapters cover like 1/3 of a manga chapter because they have too many flashbacks, filler and slow dialogue, seriously in the anime you have countless of minutes of characters looking at each other but from different angles kek. Manga on the other hand was good with much better pace, some sagas better than the others but in general pretty solid, strange that a series with more than 20 years is still good after all that time.

If you want to catch up you're still in time, my prediction is that the current arc (the longest of the whole series for the moment) is going to be at least 30/50 more chapters, and still there's plenty of characters and lore to be explained so I guess One Piece will finish around 2025, maybe later if the autor takes many breaks.

I only watch the anime. So I am still in the flashback about oden. Wano arc is going to be way longer than dressrosa.
One Piece will finish around 2025
I doubt it. It will probably end by the 2030s. There is still so much that hasn’t been explained. The wano arc itself will probably finish next year.

Mogs me at persistence. I would never pick up anything with 1000 chapters. I guess nostalgia plays a role too

Nice,I've been caught up with OP for about 4/5 years now. I'd say this series can be both amazing and horrible following it weekly.

I only watch the anime. So I am still in the flashback about oden. Wano arc is going to be way longer than dressrosa.

I doubt it. It will probably end by the 2030s. There is still so much that hasn’t been explained. The wano arc itself will probably finish next year.
I couldn't stand the anime anymore because (at least in Dressrosa and Zou arcs) the pace had become too slow, like I explained in my post too many face shots from different angles, long breaks between two characters talking and they spent too much time explaining what happened in previous episodes. Also in the fights they added too much unnecesary running and dodging so they became too long and the story didn't progress either, something that in the manga takes no more than two pages in the anime could be like 4 minutes. Not sure if it got better after Dressrosa but I remember that previous sagas didn't have this problem so maybe it was temporary. This video sums it up pretty well kek:

View: https://youtu.be/zbbnPobCNB4

Edit: Forgot to add that animation was shit too, animators can be very lazy sometimes
eDHMOLGBtvpReWx-1600x900-noPad.jpg

tumblr_nc8fokqZmZ1tuuqzpo2_500.png

w9f1CKN22jIuEafJ--8iTv3e4pV3W81sMhdbKMc_7fMBjAoIQ6luYsXyB2u0M0LHenxPI57WW98RYV5bBOghzlKUfdcqC5_4U-meBWT_nHTa-SH2ORGTFAO_qdKCzcFD

Last edited:
I couldn't stand the anime anymore because (at least in Dressrosa and Zou arcs) the pace had become too slow, like I explained in my post too many face shots from different angles, long breaks between two characters talking and they spent too much time explaining what happened in previous episodes. Also in the fights they added too much unnecesary running and dodging so they became too long and the story didn't progress either, something that in the manga takes no more than two pages in the anime could be like 4 minutes. Not sure if it got better after Dressrosa but I remember that previous sagas didn't have this problem so maybe it was temporary. This video sums it up pretty well kek:

View: https://youtu.be/zbbnPobCNB4

Yeah the dressrosa arc was terrible in that aspect. Zou arc was only 20 episodes so it wasn’t really that long. It’s mainly the theme songs which are unnecessarily long as well. Also how far ahead is the manga compared to the anime?

I'm currently reading too. Very far

congrats now you got some free time for berserk

congrats now you got some free time for berserk
I read that one back in 2018. Damn it was good but the breaks are so long that I always have to re-read the last chapter because I forget what happened kek
Yeah the dressrosa arc was terrible in that aspect. Zou arc was only 20 episodes so it wasn’t really that long. It’s mainly the theme songs which are unnecessarily long as well. Also how far ahead is the manga compared to the anime?
It's quite far because according to the wiki episode 972 covers the second part of chapter 970, and the last released chapter is 1011.

Last edited:
It's quite far because according to the wiki episode 972 covers the second part of chapter 970, and the last released chapter is 1011.
That’s insane ngl. The manga is basically about 40 episodes ahead. In most animes, an episode is about 1-2 chapters

one piece of shit

That’s insane ngl. The manga is basically about 40 episodes ahead. In most animes, an episode is about 1-2 chapters
Yeah not sure if because the anime pace is too slow or because the animators took many breaks, I remember in Dressrosa almost each month they said there was no episode that week because it was national holiday or some sheit like that.

Yeah not sure if because the anime pace is too slow or because the animators took many breaks, I remember in Dressrosa almost each month they said there was no episode that week because it was national holiday or some sheit like that.
Probably a combination of both. They also stopped making episodes for about 3 months last year as well