Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Venting I feel like I don't have my own personality

• Thread starter Deleted member 23450
  • Start date
Deleted member 23450

Deleted member 23450

Do not disturb when I close my eyes
-
No joking.

I feel like I don't have my own personality

since my childhood I used to think that shouldn't be "like me" or myself maybe because of bullying or the shaming that I suffered when I tried to do something I really wanted to do.

I don't know me, I don't know what I want, I don't know my dreams, I don't like to be alone, I don't like my own presence...

I don't know how to explain, but it's something that I've been feeling for a long time.

I thought I was good, funny and intelligent, but It's everything in my head, but the reality is that I'm boring, stupid, not funny, lazy and scared of life.

Most of my life I feel that I wasn't myself. I feel that most of the time I was always trying to be someone else.

I believe I constantly try to imitate someone I'd like to be, but I've never been myself all this time because of my low self esteem.

I feel like I mimic other peoples personalities

does someone else feel like this?

Last edited:
Your personality never mattered anyway. You have nothing to worry about.

Nah bro, my personality is great and of my own. Can’t relate with this.

I really used to feel like this when I was younger. Now I definitely have my own personality, it mostly encompasses passivity and avoidance.

I don't have a personality either. I speak in monotone like every other autist. I can try to act NT but it's exhausting, it feels like hanging from a tightrope all day.

I also have no real values, opinions, beliefs, or goals even. It may seem like I do, but I really don't care, as I don't believe in concepts like good, or evil. or free will.

Last edited:
As if people have personalities. They just cultivate quirks from their favorite shows and bestsellers.

You don’t , you’re a fucking incel . We are all the same bitter person due to lack of coochy and tiddie

but it matters to me

Well, sure, it matters to you in the same way that keeping all of your limbs intact matters. It's merely self-preservation.

What you've described is a common phenomenon that people fall victim to: The Dunning-Krueger effect.

You're not as smart, funny, talented or interesting as you think you are. Everybody thinks they are, but this is a delusion perpetuated by the ego to protect the sense of self. Thinking that you're better than you truly are gives you enough motivation to go out and do things that increase your chances of successful procreation.

Of course, your ego doesn't yet know that it's completely over because it hasn't been fully black pilled, so you still have these feelings.

I do. I've always felt like I've been wearing a mask my whole life and I'm sick of that. I want to feel something real and know who I really am.

Everybody thinks they are, but this is a delusion perpetuated by the ego to protect the sense of self. Thinking that you're better than you truly are gives you enough motivation to go out and do things that increase your chances of successful procreation.
That's interesting...
I remember reading something like this in the past, but I don't remember where.

Most people don't really have a personality.