Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious I don't believe even for a millisecond that AI itself is going to be dangerous for humanity

Balding Subhuman

Balding Subhuman

Ugly turbovirgin
★★★★★
From my perspective we have been marinated for a long time in this idea, that artificial intelligence will somehow become "catastrophic" for humanity. They've been doing this bullshit since the first terminator movie, and possibly even before that. But it was complete shilling already by then.

Sure, in many ways AI is going to make our lives actually harder, as in it will be harder to find jobs.

Apart from that and some other examples, I don't think artificial intelligence will be threatening humans in any way. If it actually would do that, then the rich elite would stop the development of artificial intelligence by any means necessary. If it could somehow threaten their power, then it wouldn't be developed. Anything that threatens the status quo will be destroyed. Therefore one can assume that the AI will be used to serve the status quo.

What's actually going to happen is that the rich elite will use the artificial intelligence with malicious and technocratic intent, but the AI itself isn't dangerous. Its the elite using it that is the real danger to us. But they will portray artificial intelligence in a way that makes it seem like a threat, then force us to take even more measures to strengthen their grip.

After deepfakes become indistinguishable from reality, citizens will be forced to identify themselves on the internet. It will be like an ID card, but for the internet, to prove that you are an actual human being and not a bot. Its likely that the state will say that Russia sends propaganda created by AI, and therefore people must start identifying themselves and then the age of anonymity will be over. Or something akin to that. Of course the sheeple will fall for this bullshit, just like they fell for all the 9/11 propaganda, and covid propaganda. The memory of the sheeple is short, and they will always fall for these tricks.

Of course the end of anonymity is a bootlickers wet dream. But unfortunately for contrarians, like us, who have ideas that the mainstream doesn't accept, its going to be a nightmare. And of course the end of anonymity itself is a nightmare to free speech, security and a completely open gate for welcoming tyranny.

I'm gonna mourn anonymity hard man. I'm in my 30's and therefore was lucky enough to experience early internet and it was so le heckin wholesome and based and not heavily moderated and controlled like nowadays. I know what I'm losing and I don't want it to become even worse but you're right man, with AI it's gonna end pretty soon. :feelsbadman: