Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Media I do think the basic premise of Joker 2 makes some sense (spoilers)

Hoppipolla

Hoppipolla

hop on jj2
★★★★★
The Joker is an evil mastermind so it makes some sense to me that the original but truly crazy 2019 Joker was killed by him to steal his fame, especially as he was having doubts about his actions morally.

Just something that occurred to me.

However it doesn't really explain why the 2019 film was called Joker or quite why they felt the need to have him get raped.

Screenshot 2024-10-06 153740.webp

It was called Joker because they wanted some artsy fartsy film but slapping on a comic book character gets some mo moneh

Fwiw I hate the artsy shit, typically.

The director is a Jew. So of course it turned gay and went to shit.

Also weirdly I have more of a desire to actually watch the first film now. Even though I think I pretty much know the plot to both movies now lol

I guess... before it was simply a story about an unhinged early Joker character. Which is cool don't get me wrong but not really my style.

But now it's got this extra layer of social commentary and is he or isn't he the Joker and a controversial and probably awful sequel and... I dunno. It just made the whole thing feel so weird and intriguing.

Anyway, I'm rambling. But I'll probably watch both sometime.

One additional thing that I didn't think it was worth making a new thread over...

Apparently even the original film was intended to be an attack on right-wingers who liked the Joker?

So they attacked their own attack because it failed? lol

Why don't they stop worrying about right-wingers and just focus on making some good movies...

I don't know when but I'll watch it again. I saw it when it dropped and before I heard all the noise and it will be interesting to go back after some time. A lot of it wasn't terrible; I can say that for sure.

the basic premise of joker 2 is homosexuality

that's why it's a musical starring lady gaga

Even normies hated Joker 2

I finally just watched the first one :D

... yeah. I think it does actually make good sense as a Joker origin story too... so idk.

It's pretty much what I expected which is a fundamentally well made movie that just isn't quite my style! A bit dark and heavy for me!

Good though :)

Edit -- OK now it's totally finished lol

I posted that when it was right near the end.

Yeah, it was significantly better than I thought it would be.

I don't tend to like comic book movies... only a small minority of them. Watchmen was good too though.

Last edited: