Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

I can't get into turn based jrpgs

Stupid Clown

Stupid Clown

Everything burns
★★★★★
I've been trying to beat Dragon Quest 7. I can't do it. It's too frustrating. It's not that the game is hard it's just tedious constantly having to grind for hours so you stand a chance against enemies and then having to stock up on items. I forgot to purchase any antidotes and I got caught in a random encounter where a faggot cat enemy kept throwing sand into my parties eyes which crippled them from doing any damage which then allowed this little devil enemy faggot to completely destroy my party and hours of progress.

I hate this gameplay style so much. It's so tedious and I just feel that I'm wasting my time. I think I'll try strategy rpgs next because there's more gameplay depth than just mindlessly grinding at enemies for hours in slow boring battles. I really want to like jrpgs in particular but so far I just can't. The only one I've enjoyed is final fantasy 7 because the story and music motivated me to push me through the grind.

Any suggestions for strategy jrpgs to try?

Turn-based RPGs? I can recommend langrisser, especially since there is a fresh remake of 2020.

There is also the first and second shining force with sega genesis. There are vanguard bandits with ps1.

try fire emblem they're pretty fun and easy once you get the hang of it

i cant get into jrpgs at all. Every time i try one in search of good rpg experience, i come back emptyhanded. I've tried some of trails series, and it was a letdown. There's literally hundreds of them, if only i could warm up to this style of gameplay i'd be set for many years in terms of rpgs, it's just that your typical jrpg gameplay sequence is NEVER good enough for me.

You could give persona series a go. I have not really played many jrpg's aside from pokemon, though I managed to find 4 (golden) quite nice. In terms of grind, it is a bit but not too much until you are at the end game however much of the focus is on the social link system where your team mates become more powerful the more you befriend them which becomes helpful to essential. Some sections are weird particularly the palaces and its not a perfect game, but I enjoyed it and it was a pretty good cope for me. I'm still yet to play the rest of the series to get an idea on how good/bad they are though I mainly heard good things. I'm open as well to other game series though I mainly play on pc.