Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

It's Over I cant do normal pushups, I have to do incline pushups

Total Imbecile

Total Imbecile

Honorary ethnic
★★★★★
Just weighted myself my weight is up since last week so I thought why not start doing some exercises as well and I literally cant do shit

Tried doing a proper pushup and did a whole single pushup and Im not sure it was actually proper

I have to do shitty incline pushups and even those are exhausting

Is there any hope? Will I be able to go outside without being embarrassed by December?

:feelsbadman:

Last edited:

When was the last time you did pushups or weight lifting on arms and chest ? Pushups are deceivingly hard

A few months ago I tried to gymcel. I couldn't (still can't) do a push up. Might help to do bicep curls with a dumbbell first. Also diet is important. Eggs are a good start

A few months ago I tried to gymcel. I couldn't (still can't) do a push up. Might help to do bicep curls with a dumbbell first. Also diet is important. Eggs are a good start

I eat eggs daily, my breakfast is always eggs + something

Even tho they taste disgusting I try to spice it up by sometimes cooking them and sometimes frying them

Every breakfast is eggs tho
When was the last time you did pushups or weight lifting on arms and chest ? Pushups are deceivingly hard

Literally never

Maybe in like high school for PE or something I dont even remember, but Ive been LDARing for almost a full decade now

My muscles are legit atrophied

I used to be able to do a lot when I was in the TA however that unfortunately subsumed.

Got to get back into the swing of things.

Even tho they taste disgusting I try to spice it up by sometimes cooking them and sometimes frying them

Eggs are rich in protein and promote muscle growth. So that is a good start. I recommend doing a different workout that targets the same muscles so you can build strength to do a push up. Wall pushups or bicep curls. Other than that it is unfortunately left to genetics. Some people just get more out of less workouts than others. Life is unfair

Literally never

Maybe in like high school for PE or something I dont even remember, but Ive been LDARing for almost a full decade now

My muscles are legit atrophied
You can’t start at doing pushups. A push-up is a bench press of your full body weight basically. start with low weight dumbbells then start moving up. If you don’t have access to equipment find relatively heavy objects like gallons of liquid or bags of sand and curl them until you can’t

Just weighted myself my weight up somce last week so I thought why not start doing some exercises as well and I literally cant do shit

Tried doing a proper pushup and did a whole single pushup and Im not sure it was proper

I have to do shitty incline pushups and even those are exhausting

Is there any hope? Will I be able to go outside without being embarrassed by December?

:feelsbadman:
Keep doing inclines until you can do 3 sets of 15 on 2 feet incline. After that move to regular push ups. After you can do 20 proper form push ups move to bench press at the gym or weighted push ups (if that's possible). Start with some pussy bitch weight like 50 lbs and increase with 2.5lbs every work out until you plateau.

Eggs are rich in protein and promote muscle growth. So that is a good start. I recommend doing a different workout that targets the same muscles so you can build strength to do a push up. Wall pushups or bicep curls. Other than that it is unfortunately left to genetics. Some people just get more out of less workouts than others. Life is unfair

Wall ones felt too east, inclined ones against a kitchen countertop seem to be where my limit is

You can’t start at doing pushups. A push-up is a bench press of your full body weight basically. start with low weight dumbbells then start moving up. If you don’t have access to equipment find relatively heavy objects like gallons of liquid or bags of sand and curl them until you can’t

Alright Ill try that, I have tons of empty water bottles 1gal in size and they have handles too

Also thank you guys for not trolling me

Keep doing inclines until you can do 3 sets of 15 on 2 feet incline. After that move to regular push ups. After you can do 20 proper form push ups move to bench press at the gym or weighted push ups (if that's possible). Start with some pussy bitch weight like 50 lbs and increase with 2.5lbs every work out until you plateau.
2.5kg* sorry.

2.5lbs is like a kilogram lmao. Stupid freedom metrics.

There's nothing wrong in doing inclined push-ups man. It's all about progression.

You slowly increase the number of repetitions and decrease the angle. Unless you have very poor genetics (which is very possible), you will eventually be able to do proper push-ups.

There's nothing wrong in doing inclined push-ups man. It's all about progression.
This right here.
Also, id reccommnd looking into different types of pushups. maybe you got weak wrists so cant do traditional style or something. maybe different hand grips or knuckles or even padded pushups are better for you