Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion I am not religious but I do not consider faith to be a cope

zephyr

zephyr

UK Wizardcel
For instance; Abstaining earthly pleasures for the belief that something greater will happen in the afterlife sounds like a sacrifice instead of a cope.

Its still a cope for an afterlife.

Preventing one self from material gains sounds an awful lot like self sabotage.

No afterlife for your face

you'll be chasing success but you'll only succeed at failing

Lastly of course its a cope and faithful people are massive copers. Being religious justifies all their actions and justifies all the hedony they likely avoided since childhood. Without religion they would literally cope worse in the world having based their life around it. They would also be vastly overwhelmed by their morality with no reason to be good and deepset fears of sin that were just arbitrary and now have no base. Therefore it is a cope. They are literally called faithful as in they have to believe in a bluepill to justify their current life.
Its still a cope for an afterlife.

Yes but consider this; Religious people don't have a choice. They are told that the afterlife is real. So they have to abstain from earthly pleasures. It would be illogical for them to be sinful.

The is no afterlife.

1BF68988 E8D7 41DB 903F D15A73A8906B

View: https://youtu.be/vaCRJccDm20

Religious people don't know that.
I [UWSL]rescind[/UWSL] this statement. Religious people "do" know that the afterlife is real. In fact that's the whole point of the afterlife. It's impossible to tell either way.

I firmly believe in ghosts and them going to the light. Whatever that is.