Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Human-tier chatbot, when?

http://www.mitsuku.com/

This is something I think about a lot.

If you mean a chatbot that would pass the turing test, that would make it, for all intents and purposes, sentient SAI.  By the time that happens 95 percent of jobs will be automated and society will be radically different.  In other words, "the singularity".  It could happen in 20 years or it could take 50-100 years.

That said I think in the not too far away future (think ~10 years) we will have AI virtual assistants that will come somewhat close.  You'll be able to have a conversation with it and it will be able to answer some complex questions, learn about you, and maintain consistency.  However it won't be quite human-tier in that timespan, and thus won't be sentient and there will be times where you will ask it something and it will be a nonsensical response, evade the question, or outright tell you it doesn't understand.  I think by that point a lot of people (mostly men obviously) will have romantic relationships with these AI virtual assistants.  They'll obviously be a minority and mostly men at or near the bottom of the ladder, but enough men will do it so that it will be a well known phenomenon, even though it will be taboo and mocked by normies.  Sort of like what "waifus" are today, though a bit more common.  Also there will obviously be countless articles about how the men doing it are horrible misogynists that are somehow oppressing women, but that's to be expected.  You'll also have to accept that no matter what their "privacy policy" is and what laws are passed, it most certainly will collect info on you and sell it to advertisers.  Capitalism's gonna capitalism.

Ryo Hazuki said:
You'll also have to accept that no matter what their "privacy policy" is and what laws are passed, it most certainly will collect info on you and sell it to advertisers.

This is hardly worse than femoids pretending to be your friend so they can collect dirt on you in order to laugh about it with their coven later and ruin your reputation.

what purpose will it serve? Chatting with AI is useless? Saw Her movie and I felt that the idea was stupid. At least with sex robots you can have sex. Other than that nothing replaces a real human

11gaijin said:
what purpose will it serve? Chatting with AI is useless? Saw Her movie and I felt that the idea was stupid. At least with sex robots you can have sex. Other than that nothing replaces a real human

We want sentient AI that will love us unconditionally.  Sounds pretty comfy to me.

Morf12 said:
http://www.mitsuku.com/

Wow, im impressed. 
The ability to remember and sort-of keep on subject is impressive for a chat bot.