Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Human beings are wired to have their self esteem validated by others

Midwestcel

Midwestcel

Banned
-
This is why its so difficult to create self esteem in yourself on your own. Humans are wired to desire validation from others because we are social animals. People who have high self esteem get it from positive reinforcement they receive from the outside world. It is possible to build it within yourself, but its much more difficult and only a select few can accomplish it.

Accurate and high IQ

@Transcended Trucel what did OP mean by this?

True, it's like the "You need to love yourself before loving someone else" I've never heard such bullshit. It's impossible to love yourself and being confident without positive reinforcement and feedback from others. It's like trying to build a house without any tools.

Accurate and high IQ
We are primitive in nature. And majority of people only give validation and reinforcement to good looking people. So ugly people (us) are doomed to ever achieve proper confidence and high self esteem

I hope we evolve beyond that, technology could save us

I want sex and validation

never heard or seen a good looking guy with low self esteem.
this is why normies give shitty advice. they don't understand

This is why its so difficult to create self esteem in yourself on your own. Humans are wired to desire validation from others because we are social animals. People who have high self esteem get it from positive reinforcement they receive from the outside world. It is possible to build it within yourself, but its much more difficult and only a select few can accomplish it.
Maybe its cultural like shame and guilt.
The difference between shame and guilt, is that shame is a form of ostracism based upon a lack of a person's harmony with society.

Guilt is a fact-finding determination that is determined separately from a person's character.

It's true you can feel shame for being guilty, or be guilty for having poor character. But people get these mixed up in Western society.

it is understood we are a group species

I have solved that problem with my,

Tulpa fan club!

With them, my microbiome, and those GODDAMNED ANNOYING shadow people, i do ok.

Ofc, its not as good as humanity.
But its all i can afford.

And yet they tell us to go to therapy at an attempt to bypass this basic instinct, might as well try to cure my hunger for food permanently while I'm at it

@Transcended Trucel what did OP mean by this?
Op is on point in this case, humans excessively focused on external validation both social and romantic. But you can overcome this with enough training and conditioning, and become a truly woke,based, and free fellow who has absolute mastery over himself,no longer dependent on external validation.
Most people will one never try to control their thoughts, try and fail very quickly due to pushing too hard to fast, or make some progress but one event(get fucked by bullies, or some other shit) crushes them and they never recover.

So it is hard path but no where near impossible

Op is on point in this case, humans excessively focused on external validation both social and romantic. But you can overcome this with enough training and conditioning, and become a truly woke,based, and free fellow who has absolute mastery over himself,no longer dependent on external validation.
Most people will one never try to control their thoughts, try and fail very quickly due to pushing too hard to fast, or make some progress but one event(get fucked by bullies, or some other shit) crushes them and they never recover.

So it is hard path but no where near impossible

Very true, OP. Validation motives you.