Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How would therapy benefit someone who’s a legitimate involuntary celibate or “incel”? Is it even worth looking into?

The gaslighting you read:

FOID 1: Therapy could help with confidence. I've dated men who are not conventionally attractive but who have confidence and are secure in themselves. If you view yourself as an evolutionary dead end, people will sense that and respond accordingly.

Unidentified gaslighter: I specifically work with people who share incel beliefs as a T. There's even a book that came out last year about working these issues. It is being done and there's great success from what I've seen. `[...] "Understanding and Treating Incels: Case Studies, Guidance, and Treatment of Violence Risk in the Involuntary Celibate Community"

FOID 2 (she says she is a therapist): you may have a hard time finding a therapist who can meet your needs, but we exist. I've worked with incels and have found a lot of success with the ones I've met. There are not "procedures" for incels because it's not a diagnostic marker, but that doesn't mean they can't find improvement.

FOID 3: If you want therapy to 100% ensure that you have sex then you won’t get what you want out of it because therapy can’t force women to have sex with you. It can improve your odds by helping you to change your behavior but tbh if you’re this focused on sex you probably have much bigger fish to fry in therapy first.

FOID 4: The issue is that you have a core belief (“I’m an evolutionary dead end”) that resists examination or questions. Right now, there’s no way to productively address your feelings about being an incel. Given that core belief, let’s take what you’re saying as indisputably true: you will never find a sex partner. Right now you are defining your life and your identity but what you want but don’t have; that’s a recipe for unhappiness, and it occupies your thoughts so much that there’s no space left to imagine what else might make you happy. (If I spent every day thinking about how I never became a famous actress, I’d be miserable. Once I let that go, I was able to find new and different dreams.)
It's clear that Reddit is either trying to gaslight you with "improve your personality" bullshit, i.e. more platitudes, or, they're telling you that you must accept that under female freedom, you can't do and can only lie down and rot.

Therapy serves no purpose, only to mould docile subjects into a society that will only want to exploit you in the realisation that you are denied the basic need to want to reproduce and have a family.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

The same way lobotomy would

It would not, no.

Stop reading.

Many have searched and concluded:

“There is no proof that therapy directly results in achieving romantic and sexual success for individuals who face significant long term mental- and physical appearance issues.”

So while therapy could aid in some forms of coping, or slightly enhance social skills: it’s still over.

A direct correlation between therapy and romantic success is zero, until one case is documented, and repeatable. Meanwhile:

Extended therapy has the potential to be even harmful if it doesn’t address the ultimate end needs effectively. Financially, emotionally, missed out better use of time.

For shycelnormies - temporary fakecels - it’s maybe different, although also for them most therapists have no clue, but for sure for realcels:

therapy gives false hope

End of rant.

Last edited:
Therapy does work factually proven but not for us because our problem can not be fixed simple as that

Therapy does work + our problem can not be fixed
Therapy works for what I wonder + well said, no amount of therapy turns a potato into a tasty French fry.

@Grodd agree!

You Got It Animation GIF by SWR Kindernetz

Last edited: