Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

"How to win friends and influence people" book isn't that good

thespanishcel

thespanishcel

Overlord
★★★★★
51PWIy1rHUL.jpg

This book is super recommended by everyone saying it can help you in any social aspect of your life be it friendship, family, business, etc. That it's the book that company CEOs and successful people read and that even if it's from the 1930s it's still super relevant. I gave it a try and tbh didn't finish it because it was boring as fuck, felt very generic and the examples it gives are still from the 1930s or early so they don't feel relevant anymore. For example he talks about a woman who wrote an amazing cover letter following all the advice in this book and became an accountant with no previous experience kek that might work in the 1910s in a small town in Arizona but not anymore.

Maybe someday I should give it another try but it didn't give me any useful lessons when I read it. I think I read about 40% (e-book so it tells you the percentage you've read) then gave up and moved to something more interesting. I don't finish boring books. Unlike movies a bad movie takes you 2 hours and it's over but a book will be much more time consuming.

Same with atomic habits, it's just glorified basic advice

Probably aimed at normies with no self-awareness and not enlightened blackpill jedis,

I read the whole thing and got no use out of it.

It can be useful for fucking normies but not us incels.

The biggest way to influence people at the end of the day is to be a moggER.

Probably aimed at normies with no self-awareness and not enlightened blackpill jedis,
It's too generic and the advice feels obvious. Shit like "you have to show people you're interested in what they say and they will like you" kek I already knew that.

"you have to show people you're interested in what they say and they will like you"
I'm not sure normies know this tho.
But yeah most of the self-help advice in general is extremely basic.
Just like Jordan Peterson's "just clean your bed bro"

The author died friendless if I'm not mistaken.

why even read that boring pile of shit

The advice is extremely useless and normies do pretty much the opposite even amongst themselves