Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How to overcome false hope?

RemoveNormalfags

RemoveNormalfags

satirecel
★★★★★
I'm so tired of making stupid ascension plans and thinking about potential ascension. They'll never work anyway and the anxiety is just too fucking strong.

It's all so hopeless at the end of the day.
My desire for love, affection and sex is and was always so fucking high, but I'll never be able to fulfill these desires (maybe the sex part by visiting hookers, but that's not a long term solution).

Most people lose their acne in their 20s, meanwhile I am losing my hair and getting even worse acne.
Especially today, the balding part makes me really fucking depressed.

I am excluded from so many things, friendship, relationships, sex, social activities, just because I'm ugly and kinda shy.
That's not fair. No one cares about me and I was always the one who initiated conversations during school time and stuff.
No one, besides forum members here, can relate to these problems.
It's not normal for a 20 year old guy to rot in complete social isolation and wish to die in his sleep everyday.

But there is still some kind of "hope" left, even though I know that nothing will ever improve.
The downwards spiral is endless and I completely know that it's false-hope. Nothing can save me.
Maybe it's just instinct?
I just want to overcome this last hope and finally rot in peace until I have the balls to commit suicide.

Hope is a dangerous thing

You can't. Hope is an emotional manifestation of the survival instinct. As long as you're alive, you will have it.

I know this sounds counterintuitive but I think you should do nothing. You seem to have too much in your head that you want to fix at once and you end up fixing nothing at all.

Sometimes it's better to lay on your bed staring at the ceiling doing nothing than doing something bad for you. Let the cravings pass until you get sick of laying around and actually get up and do something positive.

You need to black pill yourself even more, read more suifuel and make yourself more miserable so you lose all hope

Perhaps if you found a way to NEET long enough, you'd quit caring about the world or your place in it. I've been living a rotter lifestyle, avoiding people for years and now my head feels too numb a lot of the time to feel any anguish about how low I am in the world, although I definitely did in the past.

You can't. Hope is an emotional manifestation of the survival instinct. As long as you're alive, you will have it.
Exactly this. To think anyone lives without some degree of hope is idiotic, you are alive because you hope and viceversa. Even @BlkPillPres has hopes and copes, he just acts high and mighty because he is a narcissistic autist.

Chad doesn’t need to go monk mode because he can fulfill his desires while I cannot, fuck that shit, I would rather go er than “let go”
I mean, whatever suits you of course, but OP asked for exactly that so I sent him that link.

Try chadfishing. That should rob of you all desire continue living

When I get false hope, I look back at the past and think to myself ”What happened before in a similar situation?”. Usually if I tried something at all, it ended in failure. It is a reminder that my past struggles end up in failure, and so will the future ones with relative certainty. This is especially accurate for my (lack of) sex life, but can describe other parts of life too.

I feel you, actually I just made a thread regarding this subject and how false hope makes me feel like shit most of the times... Idk man I feel like I'm coping but when I try to avoid having hope I also feel like I'm coping and missing opportunities... :cryfeels:

So maybe I just need to rot even longer?
Possibly, yeah, I don't feel much hope anymore, or much of anything really, emotionally speaking. I think it's fucking me mentally, though, so maybe other people have a better solution.

So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.

Age helps with false hope.
Can't have hope of ascending when you reach your 40s and beyond. Then you just become a soulless wageslave like the oldcels before us.
I agree with a lot of people here. Don't do anything so you don't expect anything. "Improving your situation" only leads to pain when the outcome is always failure and lonliness for us guys.

A writer called "Survival Acres" invented the term, "Hopium."

We're someone would would go from one hope to another in search of an easy answers that don't exist.

They would say ,
Everything is fine

As their world burn around them

It's better to think in terms of odds and probabilities. Likelihoods. Even then do not hope but plan for reality!