Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How the New York Islanders could have won the 1984 Stanley Cup

unique_freak

unique_freak

43 years old and lifetime dateless
★★★★★
From a wikipedia article about fighting in hockey, "Fighting is an established tradition in North American ice hockey, with a long history that involves many levels of amateur and professional play and includes some notable individual fights." Fighting is considered to be part of the game in North American ice hockey.

Wayne Gretzky was the greatest hockey player of all time. Gretzky far surpassed his peers in ice hockey during his prime. The Edmonton Oilers hockey team won the 1984, 1985, 1987, and 1988 Stanley Cups largely due to Wayne Gretzky.

If the Philadelphia Flyers had neutralized Wayne Gretzky in the Stanley Cup Finals in 1987, the Philadelphia Flyers would have had a far better chance of winning the Stanley Cup.

Wayne Gretzky was not a big strong guy. Wayne Gretzky could only bench press 140 pounds for his one rep maximum IN HIS PRIME. THat's comparable to what the average man on the street with no training could do. With such a pedestrian bench press, I'm sure that Gretzky could not punch that hard.

In contrast, Mike Tyson was the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world in 1987. Tyson could bench press 400 pounds. All of Mike Tyson's opponents in Tyson's prime said that Mike Tyson punched as hard as a sledgehammer. Tyson would regularly knock out top 10 contenders in the first round. Tyson knocked out MIchael Spinks to win The Ring Magazine heavyweight title in just one minute and 31 seconds. Tyson knocked out top ten contender Marvis Frazier in just 30 seconds.

I've always thought that in the 1987 Stanley Cup Finals, the Philadelphia Flyers should have hired Mike Tyson to go beat the crap out of Wayne Gretzky right in the first few seconds of Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Tyson could quickly hurt Gretzky so badly that Gretzky would at least be unable to keep playing for the rest of the game and maybe the rest of the entire Stanley Cup. The only disadvantage to the Philadelphia Flyers would be that Mike Tyson would get a 2-minute penalty for fighting. That would be a *VERY* minor disadvantage when weighed against the enormous benefit of getting Wayne Gretzky out of the game. If I was the coach of the Philadelphia Flyers, and I was implementing such a strategy, I would have Mike Tyson beat up Gretzky bad enough that Gretzky would be unable to play for the rest of the game. Then after Mike Tyson's 2 minute penalty for fighting, I would immediately remove Mike Tyson from the game and replace Tyson with a regular hockey player.

I bet that the Philadelphia Flyers could have hired Mike Tyson to beat up Wayne Gretzky for $50,000 or less. Tyson wouldn't even need to train for it.

Before people start saying silly stuff like "The Philadelphia FLyers should have just hired a hitman to shoot Wayne Gretzky" and stuff like that, here is the difference: What I am proposing would be totally within the law and within the rules of ice hockey. Fighting is widely considered to be part of the game. It's not considered unethical to try to hurt another team's player. It's part of the game. Why not just hire a heavyweight prizefighter to beat up Gretzky? If Wayne Gretzky has a problem with that, he's a butthurt silly little pussy. Since fighting is part of ice hockey, it's just as silly for a hockey fan to complain about a playing punching Gretzky during a hockey game as it would be to complain about a boxer punching another boxer during a boxing match.

Wouldn't my strategy be an effective strategy for the Philadelphia Flyers to improve their chances of winning the 1984 Stanley Cup?

Last edited:
Islanders swept the oilers in 1983 but Mike Bossy and Brian Trottier are no match for Wayne Gretsky and that baldfag Messier

Islanders swept the oilers in 1983 but Mike Bossy and Brian Trottier are no match for Wayne Gretsky and that baldfag Messier

That's why I suggested this strategy to neutralize Wayne Gretzky.