Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How the fuck am I suppose to retype this English paper!?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1039
  • Start date
Deleted member 1039

Deleted member 1039

Be Free from the slavery of your Ego.
-
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I was on the last goddamn page of my English essay in the library on a school computer, and MAGICALLY THE FUCKING COMPUTER TURNS OFF! I don't know if one of the fucking idiots infront of me kicked the plug lose or something I don't know wtf happened. I was going to just stay and type the last 2 pages again because I saved 2 pages prior but this fucking retarded school computer didn't even save my work even though I clearly saved it to my word documents on my login. I can't believe this would happen, like what are chances of that fucking happening!? I was in their for 4 hours with nothing to show for it. I had one more paragraph to type and I was done. I have zero motivation to re type this shit. I'm just so full of anger right now. Just my luck that I left my laptop charger at home so I had to use a shitty school computer. My laptop recovers even the work you didn't save if it unexpectedly turns off.[/font]

Did you tell your teacher about it?Are you allowed to get extension?

Next time don't type your essays up on those computers. Be sure to use a comp that allows get back to use word doc.

Or if you're typing on those computers use google doc, so it automatically saves.

Becareful man.

Some comps are set up to clear anything that was saved during your session upon reboot. I bet they're running that kind of software.

Sub8Hate said:
Some comps are set up to clear anything that was saved during your session upon reboot. I bet they're running that kind of software.
What is the fucking point of that? Why even login into our user profiles if that's the case? We may aswell login as guest, I can't even wrap my head around this, wtf!?

idkwattodowithlife said:
Did you tell your teacher about it?Are you allowed to get extension?

Next time don't type your essays up on those computers. Be sure to use a comp that allows get back to use word doc.

Or if you're typing on those computers use google doc, so it automatically saves.

Becareful man.
It's not do until tommorow, but thats a whole 8 page essay I have to re type from scratch and I lost all the source citation links I had in the document. I have to use the computers because I left my laptop charger at home, and what were the chances that the computer would random shut off? FML

Nautica1983 said:
What is the fucking point of that? Why even login into our user profiles if that's the case? We may aswell login as guest, I can't even wrap my head around this, wtf!?

It's not do until tommorow, but thats a whole 8 page essay I have to re type from scratch and I lost all the source citation links I had in the document. I have to use the computers because I left my laptop charger at home, and what were the chances that the computer would random shut off? FML

Yeah, usually those setups include an automatic login account, but I'm sure they can still be configured to wipe data clean upon a reboot. I've used something called deep freeze (iirc) that did just that. 

Word didn't even try to recover it? If not, I definitely think they're using similar software.

Sergeantincel said:
If you did it in word, there's a feature in newer ones where a sidebar on the left side appears after a sudden shut off where it shows autosaved documents. Nothing there?
I'm sorry if not man, uni can be true suicidefuel.

Don't have that feature on the school computers. apparently they run a software that wipes everything clean if you sign off or shutdown the PC. Quite possibly the stupidest fucking decision a school could make

Nautica1983 said:
Don't have that feature on the school computers. apparently they run a software that wipes everything clean if you sign off or shutdown the PC. Quite possibly the stupidest fucking decision a school could make

It does blow, but it makes the technician's job easier. I'd suggest packing a USB flash drive. Save right to disk so this doesn't happen again. You can also email yourself the document.

Sub8Hate said:
Yeah, usually those setups include an automatic login account, but I'm sure they can still be configured to wipe data clean upon a reboot. I've used something called deep freeze (iirc) that did just that. 

Word didn't even try to recover it? If not, I definitely think they're using similar software.

Nope, it didn't even try to recover it. Logged back on and it was as if I never even typed it. Who ever came up with the decision to install that software should be fucking FIRED

I once installed some malware on a school computer that auto minimized every window to the task bar repeatedly KEK. I also wrote a simple script that rebooted the computer and set it as a scheduled task so that it would reboot during peak use for study groups. I used to hang around and watch people flip out when it rebooted LOL.

Sub8Hate said:
I once installed some malware on a school computer that auto minimized every window to the task bar repeatedly KEK. I also wrote a simple script that rebooted the computer and set it as a scheduled task so that it would reboot during peak use for study groups. I used to hang around and watch people flip out when it rebooted LOL.

Lmfao!, That's fucked up man, I hope you at least did too the Chad's and Stacie's and not incels

Nautica1983 said:
Lmfao!, That's fucked up man, I hope you at least did too the Chad's and Stacie's and not incels

No one was safe LOL!