Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

LDAR How much sunlight do you have coming into your room?

blond_elf_bard

blond_elf_bard

Major
★★
I moved recently. But I live in the same city in Florida, so it's a sundance all the time, and there's too much ambient light coming into my room, with all the time I spend on my laptop, now that it's spring break at my uni. I should get some blackout curtains.

Do any of you have dark curtains for reducing ambient sunlight? If so, what is it like?

I dont even stay at my room tbh. I just LDAR in living room and its goodly sunny

Little to no sunlight ever gets in my room. I hate the sun.

Yeah I have curtains to reduce sunlight, works well. I have mood lighting though so I don’t just sit in complete darkness.

Not much tbh. My room has blinds that are usually fully extended.

I reside in Buffalo, where there is approximately 10 hours of sun per winter, thus I am extremely pale.

Not much, my curtains are heavy.

Also like @Grotesque said, it's cold and dark here, so there isn't that much sun anyway. Doesn't help that half the time I sleep during the day.

I have a large window next to my bed, it's almost as big as the wall itself. I keep the blinds shut however I still would have enough write to do things such as reading and writing but not so much that the light illuminates the entire room

Absolutely no sun. I'm a rotting subhuman.

Just use plastic trash bags theory. Its cheap.

least amount as possilbe as my blinds are always shut, i hate sunlight

Not much, my window blinds are alright but some lights get in through the cracks. Gives a good atmosphere in the late afternoon though.

I have a large window next to my bed, it's almost as big as the wall itself. I keep the blinds shut
I do too, i hate it. Too much sun comes in, and the whole neighborhood can see what im doing. Worst part is its the only window in my room, and it doesnt even open, so i cant get any air. I keep the blinds permanently shut. Thinking of getting some blackput curtains as well. Even more annoying is the light from the hallway that seeps in through my doorcracks. Trying to find a way to block that out too

I live in a basement but there are three small windows so i'm fine.

A lot I like sunlight

perfect amount i just hate if it gets in my face

None. I put blackout curtains up as well.

I don't hate it. At the moment I ldar in style so no sun at all.
I
everything.

i should get more

No direct sunlight.

Almost no sunlight lel, I had my blinds fully extended but some light is coming from le sides lel

Far too much. I stuck aluminium foil onto my bedroom windows last summer because the sunlight was coming in and waking me up too early.

I never open the blinds in my room. I am not even sure they open anymore cause I broke one of them.

My windows face the south so not that much. But enough to cause screen glare on the laptop at some periods of the day.

My windows face the south so not that much. But enough to cause screen glare on the laptop at some periods of the day.
screen glare is ragefuel tbh

try to avoid because of cancer spots

I do too, i hate it. Too much sun comes in, and the whole neighborhood can see what im doing. Worst part is its the only window in my room, and it doesnt even open, so i cant get any air. I keep the blinds permanently shut. Thinking of getting some blackput curtains as well. Even more annoying is the light from the hallway that seeps in through my doorcracks. Trying to find a way to block that out too
I’d suggest keeping a rubber pinning under your door, it should keep out the light seeping under it

Depends, I usually keep them down in fear that people will look through my window when walking by even though it's a dead end street.

I’d suggest keeping a rubber pinning under your door, it should keep out the light seeping under it
I can cover the bottom of the door. It's more the cracks on the sides and top that bother me. Totally cuts through the darkness of my lair

I can cover the bottom of the door. It's more the cracks on the sides and top that bother me. Totally cuts through the darkness of my lair
Well in that case you could set up some form of covering over the inside of your door, though it can be both annoying to set up and maneuver around

Well in that case you could set up some form of covering over the inside of your door, though it can be both annoying to set up and maneuver around
True. I actually have 2 doors to my room. This will be for the one I don't use.

Sunlight? None
I got one big window and it is covered by a big black blanket. I don't even turn on lights in my room I just eat in the darkness. The glow from my computer monitor is the only thing that can be seen in my room.

True. I actually have 2 doors to my room. This will be for the one I don't use.
Well then in that case go for it and be free the the light's intrusion