Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Discussion How much of your career success is dependent on your social skills and appearance?

Limitcel

Limitcel

Matthew 25-29 / Eppur si muove
I feel that just being very good at something is not enough to be renowned at it and make money, maybe in the more mathematical areas as people tend to be more commonly autistic and Asian in them, but in general I would even say that your sociability is more important than your skill

Matthew effect again

socials skills matter a lot, many NTs who don't have much knowledge or have just some superficial skills and knowledge got good jobs just by knowing someone, having connections basically.

None. Mechanics is dirty work, usually with artificial light and always based on dealing with other men.

Quite a bit I would say.

Social skills will open more doors for you than just education

Depends on the career. You can be a silent workhorse in a field like tech and still be successful. Any type of management or business related field though and you're fucked if you're an Incel

I recently applied to an entry level position at an office across from mine that I’m overqualified for, and I talk to the guys that work there everyday.

My application was turned down for some guy that has never worked in this line of work before but he’s charismatic and attractive, and the person that hires, is… a woman. He’s a nice guy I talk to him a few times a week with the other guys but I clearly should have gotten the job over him.

I recently applied to an entry level position at an office across from mine that I’m overqualified for, and I talk to the guys that work there everyday.

My application was turned down for some guy that has never worked in this line of work before but he’s charismatic and attractive, and the person that hires, is… a woman. He’s a nice guy I talk to him a few times a week with the other guys but I clearly should have gotten the job over him.
Human resources are mostly female, I'm interested in knowing how these companies don't go bankrupt because more qualified people lose out to more beautiful ones.

Human resources are mostly female, I'm interested in knowing how these companies don't go bankrupt because more qualified people lose out to more beautiful ones.
Tbh your average guy off the street is 2 weeks away from being proficient at like 90% of jobs, even jobs that “require” an education or experience.

In white collar work a lot of it is about who you know

Users who are viewing this thread

shape1
shape2
shape3
shape4
shape5
shape6
Back