Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

how much of life is predetermined?

D

Despicablecel

Banned
-
i’d say 99% (freak accidents and other rare stuff can happen)

Yes, about 99% is accurate

Incel if ugly

99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%

i’d say 99% (freak accidents and other rare stuff can happen)
Your looks, intelligence, and environment youre born into are all genetic/luck so id say the overwhelming majority of your life is predetermined. Im not sure what percentage id say but probably at least 90%

Just work hard and take showers, anything is possible.

What do we mean by predetermined? Do you mean something like my decision to take a right instead of the left at the intersection, or something like my potential in life?

Last edited:
What do we mean by predetermined? Do you mean something like my decision to take a right instead of the left at the intersection, or something my potential in life?
before you’re born, your life trajectory can be somewhat predicted. That’s predeterminism and anything that deviates from the prediction is part of the minority percentage of the whole. Your decision to take a right instead of a left is predetermined.

before you’re born, your life trajectory can be somewhat predicted. That’s predeterminism and anything that deviates from the prediction is part of the minority percentage of the whole. Your decision to take a right instead of a left is predetermined.
I'm a genetic determinist (genes determines the space of possible outcomes for you in life, not including the same possibilities that exist equally for all, like winning the national lottery), but not a metaphysical determinist or a predeterminist.

I'm a genetic determinist (genes determines the space of possible outcomes for you in life, not including the same possibilities that exist equally for all, like winning the national lottery), but not a metaphysical determinist or a predeterminist.
luck is 1%

predeterminism and genetic determinism are the same. Outcomes are reached 99% of the time

predeterminism and genetic determinism are the same. Outcomes are reached 99% of the time
No, they aren't. Predeterminism is a metaphysic which states that all possible outcomes are predetermined - everything down to the subatomic. Genetic determinism is the metaphysic which states that all human behavior and outcomes are determined by our genetics.

My fate was decided the second I was assigned to my parents