Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How much do normal people engage in escapism?

• Thread starter Deleted member 7448
  • Start date
Deleted member 7448

Deleted member 7448

Name is Abdu, live in Laos, born on 24.08.1992.
-
I kid you not when I say that I spent all my free time in my room on a computer since I was a little kid, willingly. Before a I was a teen I might've been with parents every now and then to do stuff with them, but when I became a teen I've reclused myself and I literally lived like a hermit for many years. Weekends, summers, when not at school and then university, I would spend 100% of my time laying in bed with a laptop, 16 hours a day. And when at school I'd rush home to do it, or I'd be on my phone at school.

Anyway, I've been engaged in escapism literally since I was little, it's all I know. I can't live life without it. Hell, I tried these past few days to cut at least sitcoms/tv shows that I watch or keep in the background, and instead I ended up doing more of other escapist shit like watching youtube or browsing random shit.

So I wonder, how much do normal people do it?

You see how much social media, TV, movies, video games out there? That means most people engage in escapism because society is way too damaged beyond its core.

ehhhh, this is pretty standard for middle class white guys...

their families are broken apart (no extended family) and their social cohesion is very poor in general

i didn't spend ALL my time indoors, but the few times I did hang out with classmates was very fruitless and i very much felt like i didn't fit there, everyone was way too cool and adapted to the sociable lifestyle. so it was easy to go back to escapism until the next "expedition".

i think i've been to two new years parties and both of them were completely fruitless, not a single lasting friendship or relationship came of either. it's a long way up.

Last edited:
Normies - play games moderately, some do a lot, watch anime, watch sports and other normalfag things for about a couple hours a day

Foids - go on isntagram, tik tok, watch 1 episode of there stupid cunt boku no hero academia or any of the 5 shows and then go and stan stupid fucking kpop nigger shit on twitter because there cunts with no originality

I fucking hate MHA for this reason.
when my female classmates started watching it i avoided it like the plague, even the stupid whore who rejected me likes anime all of a sudden, ragefuel :woke::woke: thats why i try and read visual novels every so often, to get away from all the foids
it's lol when they decide something is non-problematic enough to be watchable
the anime is westernised im pretty sure they had a typical white roastie with blonde hair with black strands and she had a black son

when my female classmates started watching it i avoided it like the plague, even the stupid whore who rejected me likes anime all of a sudden, ragefuel :woke::woke: thats why i try and read visual novels every so often, to get away from all the foids
MHA "fans" are literally the only thing worse than the fags who think spamming the same 3 Dio memes is funny

their families are broken apart (no extended family) and their social cohesion is very poor in general
Yep, my family is literally not on speaking terms with most of my extended family, for good reasons.
I fucking hate MHA for this reason.

the anime is westernised im pretty sure they had a typical white roastie with blonde hair with black strands and she had a black son
What a coincidence, just a few days ago I googled "hate My Hero Academia", cause for some fucking reason I hated that show and I had no idea why. I don't even know irl anybody who watches it (cause I don't talk to people irl), but it just fucking bugged me and I hated it for some reason. And I don't even really watch anime anymore, maybe once in a few months.

Everything is an escape these days. Usually people only decree games and comics as "escapism", but forget that they themselves are spending ungodly amounts of time on social media, biased news or Netflix. "It's different". Bullshit.

Everything is an escape these days. Usually people only decree games and comics as "escapism", but forget that they themselves are spending ungodly amounts of time on social media, biased news or Netflix. "It's different". Bullshit.

Op I can't help but notice that things were wrong at your home front to begin with. What kind of parents allow their child to spend 16 hours in front of a screen. My parents regulated how much time I spent on video games, computer or phone. I did not have any friends as well

I ended up doing the same in college anyway buy i can't imagine how damaging it would be to spend your formative years glued in front of a screen
then go and stan stupid fucking kpop nigger shit on twitter because there cunts with no originality
I hate kpop for this reason.

Last edited: