Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

how many languages do you guys know?

how many languages do you know?

• Total voters
Hoffman_13

Hoffman_13

Eternal Virgin
★★★
and how well do you know them?

-German (Native)
-English (Fluent)
-Spanish (Basics)
-Japanese (I will start to use the AJATT method in a year)

1 because im low iq and learning more than 1 language doesnt get you a girlfriend:feelsrope:

The latter thing is true, but you don't have to be smart to learn a language
well lets compromise and say you need extrinsic motivation (possibly a vacation to a foreign place if your into traveling/ you like the culture/wageslave break) and intrinsic motivation : You love learning things in general and are a ambitous learner.. / learning new things in general requires a desire and effort learning a new language isnt easy.

English and native, I understand Russian pretty well but suck at speaking so it doesn't count.

Spanish and catalan native.
English.

I know only American
I took some classes for other shit but it never stuck. As soon as I passed my tests that shit would be out of my head since I didn't use it in conversation

3 and 1/3 but I will pick 4 lel
I know only American
I took some classes for other shit but it never stuck. As soon as I passed my tests that shit would be out of my head since I didn't use it in conversation
"I know only American", true American right htere

1. Flemish-Dutch - Native
  2. Belgian-French - Fluent
  3. British English - Fluent

English Americancel here. Trying to learn French.

Canadian french - Native
Arabic dialect - so so
English - Ok but could do better (when it comes to speak it)

Two/zwei

Ich kann ziemlich gut auf Deutsch lesen und schreiben, bin aber gar kein fließender Sprecher.

I'm hoping to find time in the next few years to learn Russian. If I could just osmose foreign language ability, I'd also like to learn Finnish (doesn't necessarily seem worth the effort given its narrow localization and the facility most Euros have with English).

slavcel reporting in

English and Polish

Just English. There's no need to know any other language when you live in the US.

English only, know basic French and can read some but can’t engage in conversations, never learned my parents curry language

German (Native)
English (Advanced)
Esperanto (basic)

English. But, I'm trying to learn Spanish because my town is becoming Hispanic.

I am from Belgium so I learned Dutch, German and French because those languages are spoken in our country. And I also speak English of course. That makes 4.

3, Aldo my Spanish ain't good

-Arabic(official language of the nation)
-Tunisian(native dialect)
-French(second language)
-English(second second language)

Just English (mother tongue) and German. A bit of spanish too but I don't like the language.

Dutch (fluently)
Hindi (decently)
English (fluently)
German (decently, can read it better))
Punjabi (poorly, can sometimes understand it)
Arabic (can read it, but poorly)

French (native)
English (fluent)
german (fluent)

Dutch (fluently)
Hindi (decently)
English (fluently)
I was considering leaning Punjabi soon. How hard would you say it is for a native Hindi-speaker?

Only English, I want to learn new languages but I don't know where to start.

I only speak English but I want to learn Russian, it's really hard though

I only speak two languages, English and bad English.

I speak three languages and am slowly learning a fourth, which is the hardest I've had to learn by far (and I'm learning it at an older age, which makes thinks worse). I'm assuming AAVE doesn't count, but I'm fluent in that as well.

Three languages, fluent in all 3. English, French and Somali.

English and Spanish. Tried one year of French in high school and failed kek

English and arabic

C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Clojure, Lisp, Scheme, Haskell, Python, x86/x86-64 assembly, ARM/AARCH64 assembly, and various others

I was considering leaning Punjabi soon. How hard would you say it is for a native Hindi-speaker?
It's pretty hard since it's completely different from Hindi. But if you are among Punjabi speaking people then you can pick it up easier.

C, C++, C#, Objective-C, Swift, Java, Clojure, Lisp, Scheme, Haskell, Python, x86/x86-64 assembly, ARM/AARCH64 assembly, and various others
>Doesn't include Ruby
:feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree::feelsree:

It's pretty hard since it's completely different from Hindi. But if you are among Punjabi speaking people then you can pick it up easier.
Oh. I see. Thanks! :feelsokman:

English, Hebrew and Russian.

Dutch (fluently)
Hindi (decently)
English (fluently)
Your a very intelligent curry