Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

how many incels were raised by single mothers

were you raised by a single mother

• single mother

• traditional family

• other(explain in the comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Parents have always been married, still are married, but they never really did anything to "raise" me. They were always busy doing their own thing, never had any advice, tips, information, or anything from my parents. They had the "do whatever you want" parenting style and put me into the world with zero information.

I was raised by a single mom, i had no male role model as a kid.

parents divorced before I could even remember. only saw my dad once every 2 years and my mom spent a lot of time at work so I pretty much just vidya coped throughout the entirety of my childhood

I voted 'single mother' because that was essentially the case, but it wasn't quite as simple as that. Mom and dad were separated for most of my childhood past age six, and when they weren't, dad was generally either uninvolved or (especially later on) mentally incapable. He died of a painkiller+alcohol overdose when I was 15 and left my mother a widow. He was the only real friend I ever had.

Parents are still married

traditional family

I was not raised by a single mother but I did spend more time with her because I was raised in a secret relationship. My dad was married and had another family when he started having an affair with my mother. My mother got pregnant with my older sister. So my dad put my mom in one of his empty rental properties without telling his wife. She ended up having another daughter and then me. Three kids. We were raised in this house. We only saw my dad a few days per month. He lied and told us he had to travel for work and that's why he wasn't around much. My mom kept his lie. It turns out, at the time, he was telling the same lie to his first family. When he came to spend a few days with us, he told them he was traveling for work. The truth broke out when I was 12 years old and that's when my dad left his first wife for good and he came to live with us full time. I love my dad but it was a weird situation. Sometimes I wonder if my strange childhood had something to do with my social awkwardness and inceldom.

sorta because my dad was gone lots

It was only partially the case for me, father was drunk most of the time, so he couldn't properly participe in my raising.

I was raised by 3 arranged married transmales lesbians