Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Story How I discovered that I was ugly.

B33troot

B33troot

Officer
★★★
During my early teens, I naively believed I was good looking. Whenever I saw myself in the mirror, I never got the impression that I was ugly. In fact, for some strange reason I thought I was "handsome" and "normal". I was aware that I was a bit underweight, but I believed that facially I was good looking.

All those delusions were shattered one day when I was around 16 or 17, after I saw some photographs of myself taken at a wedding I had attended.

I'll describe one particular photograph which has been burned into my memory: I'm sitting at a dining table with around a dozen of my male cousins who were more or less my age. 2 of them were Chads, the rest had normie tier looks. They all had full faces; their chests and arms filled up their shirts; their smiles looked good. Basically, they looked like normal humans.

In contrast, I looked sickly and abnormal. My cheeks were hollow. My neck was long with my Adam's apple bulging out. My smile exposed my crooked teeth and caused my face to shrivel up. I looked like a dried up corpse that was propped up at the dining table. I stood out as the ugliest guy in that photograph.

It obviously wasn't an issue with the lighting or the angle. The camera wasn't lying. Instead it objectively captured exactly what it saw.

The first thought that entered my mind upon looking at the photograph was something on the lines of "What the hell? That hideous.... thing... is ME? Am I that ugly?"

In complete shock and disbelief, I cried looking at that photograph. It dawned on me that all this time I was utterly delusional about my looks and that I was in fact ugly in every sense of the word. I was disgusted by my own image.

That particular photograph did some serious damage to my self esteem as it caused me to become conscious about my looks and avoid posing for photographs.

Finally, all my cousins in that accursed photograph grew up to have normal lives with girlfriends and lovers. Without exception, they are all married and settled down.

It never began for me.

Last edited:
Have you ever actually had other people confirm your subhumanity, rather than just assuming it for yourself? If not, you're probably not as bad as others here

Have you ever actually had other people confirm your subhumanity, rather than just assuming it for yourself? If not, you're probably not as bad as others here
If you are on this forum, there is a 99% chance that it nevER began for you

And imagine making a contest on who is the most ugly looking one

And imagine making a contest on who is the most ugly looking one
Just saying, it makes a difference

I myself knew that I was off when I was just six years old. This realization came due to my diagnosis with high functioning autism at the time (later on aspergers). A medical condition like this barred me from socialization of any kind from a very young age and allowed me to look at things more objectively.

When i was a kid, 2 strangers walking by me saw my face in the stroller and said "that's the ugliest baby i've ever seen"

Some foid in middle school said I was a 4/10 so I kinda just roll with that, although I think she was being generous. That was before I started getting hit by the Norwood Reaper.

How I discovered that I'm ugly. Well. There's a mirror in my room, you know.

I was clinically diagnosed by a doctor as being subhuman recently which really sunk in the fact that I am ugly. I also get called a nerd a lot despite being low IQ.
I'm 87 IQ , what about you?

You know you're ugly depending on how others regard you.

I feel you. I thought for the longest time that I was at least average. That's a cope many men want to fall to, like "well I'm not much but I'm at least average looking." After some time I understood how ugly I was in reality. It was a mind shattering experience but at least it explained so many of my experiences.

Many men are led to believe their whole lives that their looks don't matter. That its all about your confidence and personality. But it ain't so.

In my teen years I would avoid looking in mirrors or my reflection. I just couldn't handle it. Now I don't have that problem anymore. But being friendless and bitchless just confirms what I had thought. No one wants anything to do with me at all.

99% of self-reported incels are fakecel larpers who end up being mid-normies.

Tale as old as time.