Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Gaming How fast do you type?

AsiaCel

AsiaCel

INCEL DEATH SQUAD ACCELERATIONIST
★★★★★
80 wpm tbh
FU2G f

Transcribing, with a bit of practice first to warm me up (my first ~10 or so trials will be as many as 20 WPM or so below average), for a completely error free end product (even if with corrections needing to be made), I probably average around 80 WPM +/- 25 depending on the difficulty of the text. I rarely break the 100 WPM barrier, but have done so several times. I also rarely will fall below 70 pretty much, but if there is a particularly heavily punctuated piece of text that makes use of a lot of numbers and things like this I will sometimes fall to as low as 55 WPM or so. If I were to take fifty tests in a row (after doing ten or so just for practice and to get my fingers properly positioned and all) my average would likely be 80 WPM, with my lowest being 55 WPM and my highest being 105 WPM or so.

Freestyle typing (writing my unedited stream of consciousness rather than copying reference text) I am probably +25 WPM above transcribing, so my average freestyle typing is likely 105 WPM, with my high being probably 130 WPM and my low being probably 80 WPM.

So,

Transcribing as on typeracer: Approaching an 80 WPM average over time, with most trials falling somewhere in the mid 70s to mid 90s range, with rare lows in the 50s and somewhat more commonly 60s, and with rare highs in the higher 90s and every now and then getting into the lower 100s (probably like once out of fifty trials breaking 100 WPM, and typically being able to do the captcha confirmation test thereafter).

Freestyle typing as I am currently doing: Approaching a 105 WPM average over time, with lows in the 80s and highs in the 130s.

Last edited:
42 wpm

i guess i deserve it for not paying attention in keyboarding class

a little over 50
tfw bought my first PC way too late and never learned proper touch typing

a little over 50
tfw bought my first PC way too late and never learned proper touch typing
I literally learned how to type properly last year. Before I used to used to hunt for keys. It takes no time at all to learn.

73 WPM from that site. I can go much faster though (90+) if I'm not on any medications.

I'm slow af because I'm a non-englishcel

Well over 100. Its been a while since I tried to get a fast score though

I literally learned how to type properly last year. Before I used to used to hunt for keys. It takes no time at all to learn.
I'm retarded when it comes to muscle memory stuff, especially now that I'm old. Also I don't have feeling in the tips of some of my fingers in my right hand, which doesn't help

Im always between 40 and 60. Truly over for speedcels

i spent most of my life in front of a keyboard and still suck at typing. jfl @ me

Depends on how fast i need or want to go.
If i'm in a rush i once pushed it to 95wpm, but my average when i'm just regularly typing is around 65wpm

75wpm if I actually try

Typing higher than that seems pretty damn unnecessary. I think the average worker needs to be able to type like 40wpm. Only job I can think of that requires fast typing is a transcriber and at that point you will just be using shorthand shortcuts anyway, making typing tests like this completely irrelevant.

Not much. I mostly only use the index fingers. JFL at drummercels.

On my left hand I use all of my fingers, but on my right hand I only use my middle finger. Why am I so retarded? Even being a dumb cunt like this I consistently get around 90 pwm, sometimes near 100 if I get easier and shorter words.

Last edited:
85 going blind, I used to get into the hundreds when I was younger, but now I have carpal tunnel. I could prob max out at 90-100 if I tried really hard atm.

43 WPM It's over for slowtypercels :cryfeels:

wasted af now and can only type at 110wpm tho lol

I can type "no homo" really fast. tbh.

80 and I don't even use a french keyboard. :cool:

I've got about 80 wpm, last time I tested. Which was about a year ago.

Pretty fast. I cant take the test cause no computer atm.

I get an average about 70 and a high around 90

I remember 6 years ago in highschool I could do 110, but for some reason I can't get over 70 now. I feel like my brain has rotted through from all this depression and loneliness.

75wpm if I actually try

Typing higher than that seems pretty damn unnecessary. I think the average worker needs to be able to type like 40wpm. Only job I can think of that requires fast typing is a transcriber and at that point you will just be using shorthand shortcuts anyway, making typing tests like this completely irrelevant.

Edit: I just looked it up and it seems dispatch typists (who transcribe 911 calls to EMTs, police, and firefighters) need 80-95 WPM, so I am near fast enough for it but just hardly. The highest WPM average needed for any job is 120 WPM according to what I just read, but it didn't specify what it was (my guess is dispatch typists in areas with tough competition). I though it was dispatch typing. I thought dispatch typists needed 120 WPM but it seems at least most of them only need 80-95 WPM.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 46