Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Experiment How does atheism make sense to you?

• Thread starter Deleted member 40321
  • Start date
How can I believe in something I don't know exists? That doesn't make sense

It's BECAUSE I questioned it i believe in it and God can't come into exists otherwise it wouldn't be God but another contingent thing, its philosophically impossible for there not to be a God. Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with existence of a creator you should know this
I doubt islam or any religion is impenetrable. The "comes from nothing" problem, or the infinite regression problem, also exists for religions. God also cannot have appeared out of nothing, and believing he wasn't created but always existed is even more absurd. Evolution is deducible from simple facts no one can deny (genetic variation, inheritance and effects of the environment upon living beings), while god is not. Religious people need to rely on logical jumps of the kind "the universe is too complicated, therefore god exists". There's literally nothing sided with the theist. We unbelievers are just highly suspicious about believing something someone else says, we don't believe what's not justifiable, while theists were indoctrinated and never dared to question it. This is NPC behavior.

:soy:

It's BECAUSE I questioned it i believe in it and God can't come into exists otherwise it wouldn't be God but another contingent thing, its philosophically impossible for there not to be a God. Evolution has absolutely nothing to do with existence of a creator you should know this
That is why we negate movements for God. Something that has changes is contingent.
Nothing, the human being must be agnostic
That is a stupid thing to do when some religions involve threat of eternal suffering.

That is why we negate movements for God. Something that has changes is contingent.

That is a stupid thing to do when some religions involve threat of eternal suffering.
What

only reason I used to believe was because my mom told me so but it seems that nobody really knows what god is supposed to be and the only source of info we have are some books that were originally written by some humans

If there is a God and he doesn't interact with humanity in any way, then why the fuck should I think about it at all? Humans already have too many useless shit living rent free in their heads. If there is a God and he does do shit, then I want a good reason to believe in that God, otherwise I'll just keep being an atheist.

Its a good point. One thing is if a decision you have to make does matter what your religious beliefs are.

Eg.. and extreme example. Say a bunch of guys with guns are taking over an area you live in. And the men in the area they believe in you only live once, and even though they can probably defeat the guys with guns, some men will die in that fight.

Since they view they only get one life none of them want to risk it, so they would rather submit to the guys with guns.

Its not even a wrong answer maybe their religious belief is right, and maybe they would have been one of the guys who died. So it might turn out their decision was the best one for them. Meanwhile some Muslims they believe they are headed for Islamic Heaven if they die, so for them its an easy choice to fight.

Situation we also get into is whatever the other people believe in our area basically it forces our hands. If no other men are willing to fight its best to surrender. If all the other men want to fight you better join them.

What if they are true?
Its a good point. One thing is if a decision you have to make does matter what your religious beliefs are.

Eg.. and extreme example. Say a bunch of guys with guns are taking over an area you live in. And the men in the area they believe in you only live once, and even though they can probably defeat the guys with guns, some men will die in that fight.

Since they view they only get one life none of them want to risk it, so they would rather submit to the guys with guns.

Its not even a wrong answer maybe their religious belief is right, and maybe they would have been one of the guys who died. So it might turn out their decision was the best one for them. Meanwhile some Muslims they believe they are headed for Islamic Heaven if they die, so for them its an easy choice to fight.

Situation we also get into is whatever the other people believe in our area basically it forces our hands. If no other men are willing to fight its best to surrender. If all the other men want to fight you better join them.
Ok, if I said right now "if you don't kill yourself in the next five minutes you are going to hell", are you going to kill yourself? I mean, I COULD be right, couldn't I? So you better kill yourself to avoid being in hell, right? Thing is, if I said this you'd be like :feelsseriously: "Why the fuck should I believe you?" but for some reason you guys don't give religion that same skepticism, because there are millions of people out there that think religion is factual. It's just like the fucking bluepill, just because people keep teaching it to their children and telling themselves it's true over and over again does not make it the truth. It makes it a religion.

It makes as much sense as religion. Not at all. We simply don’t know anything.

If you believe in any God and we part from the idea that there must be at least a real God between all the ones mentioned in history then there is a very high chance that your god doesn't exist because there are a lot of different gods mentioned in history.
Apart from that there is no evidence other than your own faith and what people said and wrote, if you don't consider other people opinions valid and you don't have faith then you don't have anything that proves the existence of god so people like me don't see any reason to believe. We don't need the emotional comfort of the afterlife for example or we just can't believe in something without proofs.
Others may believe that we live in simulation like the matrix for example and the outside world is nothing like what we know

Then why is not theism superior because it is more natural?
The fact that most people think something naturally doesn't make it true. People naturally think that quantum mechanics and time dilation aren't a thing, but they are. People naturally make conclusions based on their emotions. There are also many probabilistic "paradoxes" like the Monty Hall problem where our own reasoning misleads us.

The fact that most people think something naturally doesn't make it true. People naturally think that quantum mechanics and time dilation aren't a thing, but they are. People naturally make conclusions based on their emotions. There are also many probabilistic "paradoxes" like the Monty Hall problem where our own reasoning misleads us.
What is natural needs a good reason to be denied. So the burden of proof is on atheists.

How can you not believe in a God?

Hey, thanks for the deep question!- Nice to see that on here.

As a boy I was raised as a religious person, but later I realized that there is no such thing as God.- Specifically, there isn't a God who controls events on earth, or who wants us to worship him, or who cares about how we behave.

I realized this in my 20s when I started meeting friends of many different faiths.- (This happened at university)- If you ever have the opportunity to meet dozens of people of many different religions, and you let them tell you all of their beliefs in detail, you might have the same thoughts as I did:

Wow, there sure are a lot of religions!- And look how devoted to their beliefs these people are!- How do I know that my religion is the correct one?- Are the 1.3 billion Hindus wrong?- Or is it the 2 billion Muslims who are wrong.- Ah, maybe it's the 2 billion Christians who are all wrong.

After listening to my friends of various religions give widely differing accounts of God, I started to suspect that maybe all beliefs in God are incorrect.

Later I read a few things about common Cognitive Biases and Logical Fallacies that are part of human psychology, and these can easily cause people to develop superstitions, and then superstitions can grow into religions.- This too added to my skepticism, and over time I noticed many examples of how these defects in our psychology can cause us to believe things that are not true.

Eventually I realized that it's all just made-up.- Just a bunch of wishful thinking that was created by defects in our psychology, yeah...- and in reality there is no such thing as God.

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the deep question!- Nice to see that on here.

As a boy I was raised as a religious person, but later I realized that there is no such thing as God.- Specifically, there isn't a God who controls events on earth, or who wants us to worship him, or who cares about how we behave.

I realized this in my 20s when I started meeting friends of many different faiths.- (This happened at university)- If you ever have the opportunity to meet dozens of people of many different religions, and you let them tell you all of their beliefs in detail, you might have the same thoughts as I did:

Wow, there sure are a lot of religions!- And look how devoted to their beliefs these people are!- How do I know that my religion is the correct one?- Are the 1.3 billion Hindus wrong?- Or is it the 2 billion Muslims who are wrong.- Ah, maybe it's the 2 billion Christians who are all wrong.

After listening to my friends of various religions give widely differing accounts of God, I started to suspect that maybe all beliefs in God are incorrect.

Later I read a few things about common Cognitive Biases and Logical Fallacies that are part of human psychology, and these can easily cause people to develop superstitions, and then superstitions can grow into religions.- This too added to my skepticism, and over time I noticed many examples of how these defects in our psychology can cause us to believe things that are not true.

Eventually I realized that it's all just made-up.- Just a bunch of wishful thinking that was created by defects in our psychology, yeah...- and in reality there is no such thing as God.
It is a very reasonable question to think why a certain faith is right. I appreciate that question. The reason Islam has a superiority is because of the Quran, It's inimitability and perfect preservation.

I stopped believing in God when I realized that chad gets everything because he won the genetic lottery, and I get nothing - because I am a subhuman incel. :blackpill:

IMG 4846 2

IMG 6120