Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do you cope with wageslaving?

Retardinator

Retardinator

Not made for this world
-
I have to wageslave tomorrow, months since I last did. It's a warehouse job.

How do you guys cope with this? I'm a lazy degenerate and also very socially inept and anxious. Working always felt like hell to me. Especially because in class, you can just use your phone secretly and don't do shit. In work, you actually have to work for hours.
The money isn't even motivating me much, but I do need it.

I can't even enjoy my free time because I can't stop thinking about work. And it's already 9pm, I technically have to sleep soon (have to get up at 5.30am), but I haven't even done anything today because I was outside today and tried to study (and failed at that miserably).

I just hate this shit
FhEL3TUXgAMSTRa.png

Try to make friends there and find people to hang out with, that’s the best cope.

Try to make friends there and find people to hang out with, that’s the best cope.
we have 4 breaks, 3 of which go 10 minutes and one which goes 30 minutes. No time to make friends.

Also tbh, most people that work there aren't really people with whom I want to be friends.

we have 4 breaks, 3 of which go 10 minutes and one which goes 30 minutes. No time to make friends.

Also tbh, most people that work there aren't really people with whom I want to be friends.
I used to talk during the middle of work.

I can't, I can't get a job in the first place.

Most workers are constantly looking for opportunities to backstab their fellow workers to get a shot at winning their bosses :feelsjuice:

Part of it is knowing that at least having a routine helps me keep from feeling my life is slipping me by. I can't LDAR and atrophy to nothing as long as I have obligations. And there's not much money tbh, but at least it's *something*, and I can afford my copes.
Part of my also hopes that time/experience will help me go back to Uni and get a real degree so I can get a job and make even more money for significantly more fun coping.

On a day to day basis, though, its nice feeling like I'm not falling so far out of the realm of normalcy that I can't even function. I may be hideous, awkward, and misshapen, but I would like to actually be functional (as much as I can be)

Most workers are constantly looking for opportunities to backstab their fellow workers to get a shot at winning their bosses :feelsjuice:
Many are like that, but many are also just trying to cope at work. Trial and error.

Part of my also hopes that time/experience will help me go back to Uni and get a real degree so I can get a job and make even more money for significantly more fun coping.
What other copes require more money? Travel cope? Took me a while but I have enough for copes now but I don't like my job but I can't burn bridges right now with the economy crashing.

I don't understand how normies do this for 40+ years.

Last edited:
What other copes require more money? Travel cope? Took me a while but I have enough for copes now but I don't like my job but I can't burn bridges right now with the economy crashing.

I don't understand how normies do this for 40+ years.
I do like to travel, and I've been lucky enough to travel a decent bit in the past (though it was rarely just for fun).
And I'm into Warhammer 40k, which is roughly as expensive as a cocaine addiction (though not as exciting, and certainly not as slimming).

Well, normies tend to have people who love them, so that probably helps.

And I'm into Warhammer 40k, which is roughly as expensive as a cocaine addiction (though not as exciting, and certainly not as slimming).
mogs. I'm very much into 40k lore but never had friends to play with

I can’t do this anymore. I’m constantly depressed. I don’t sleep good. I don’t eat. All I want to do is stay in my bed.

mogs. I'm very much into 40k lore but never had friends to play with
I dont have any friends. I am just gonna admit that I actually play by myself. And I love painting the models.

How has the dead end warehouse job been going?