Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do I start meditating?

Jordan Barrett

Jordan Barrett

Greycel
Any yt videos you can recommend?

meditating is cope

Meditating is like controlled LDAR.

thanks guys I feel a lot better!

See, admin. I told you this shit will not work. There are going to be bluepilled threads and users will call them out on "cope".

Harvey_Weinstein_Hero said:
Jordan Barrett said:
Jordan Barrett said:
thanks guys I feel a lot better!

just start doing drugs

hook me up with some

Just go on craglist in your area and make a post. Otherwise start smoking k2

lmao who the fuck uses craiglist when there's a darknet.. jfl at not using darknet in 2k17

Weed said:
Jordan Barrett said:
just start doing drugs

hook me up with some

lmao who the fuck uses craiglist when there's a darknet.. jfl at not using darknet in 2k17

that takes time to order when you can just meet up with the local weed dealer in an hr, you motha fuka

Weed said:
Jordan Barrett said:
hook me up with some

that takes time to order when you can just meet up with the local weed dealer in an hr, you motha fuka

JCMiNsw.gif

you mozefuker beech neeger pussie cyka blyad, craiglist risk of getting cops on ur pussy as well as shit weed as well as scams. Darknet high quality weed as well as other stuff, you can check seller's reputation and worth the wait 98% of the time.

Weed said:
Weed said:

JCMiNsw.gif

you mozefuker beech neeger pussie cyka blyad, craiglist risk of getting cops on ur pussy as well as shit weed as well as scams. Darknet high quality weed as well as other stuff, you can check seller's reputation and worth the wait 98% of the time.

I thought you were leaving to go COPE at the gym???

Go to a bluepilled counselor that will cram DBT down your throat. You'll slog through tons of mindfulness and meditation.

I'd start by attempting water, and salt-lick only fast. Meditation works best with a clear mind, only attainable by celibacy and long bursts of going without food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-bP3XrcO4

Weed said:

JCMiNsw.gif

I thought you were leaving to go COPE at the gym???
 My gym is at my house btw, I bought it so I could never leave my house except for college

its not nonsense, i can observe my thoughts and coherently notice my pent-up rage towards roasties when i meditate. positivity is irrelevant, it's about having a clear mind.

Download the headspace app and look up mindfulness

Jordan Barrett said:
Any yt videos you can recommend?

The kind of meditation "secular Buddhists" recommend is called mindfulness meditation. The, in lack of a better word, more "religious Buddhists" (and the Hipster "I did it before it was cool" Buddhists) tend to be opposed to this word because they argue that "real" Buddhism is about a whole and that it's not legit to just cut out one part (mindfulness) while pretty much ignoring the rest. 

One of the most prominent teachers in mindfulness meditation is Joseph Goldstein:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Uqoxo_jPXQ

The arguably most popular supporter of mindfulness in general is atheist Sam Harris, who has also uploaded two guided meditations from him - a short and a longer one:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzMhLmErz5Q[/video]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OboD7JrT0NE

"Mindfulness" comes from the oldest tradition of Buddhism, the Theravada and is first described in the Sattipatthana Sutta of the Pali Cannon, and is the translation of the term that literally means more like "clear awareness" or something. 

Generally speaking, in mindfulness meditation you are simply instructed to ardently pay attention to whatever is appearing in your mind, and to be fully aware, without any covetousness, of all thoughts, sensations, emotions, bits of language, things you should (not) have said and so on and so forth as they arise in consciousness, without grasping the pleasant or recoiling from the unpleasant. 

When they throw around terms such as "non-discriminating" and "non-judgemental", this is not meant in some SJW-sense but in the sense that you should NOT focus on something (an object, a mantra, a pattern, Jesus, etc.) but simply notice what you do you in fact notice.

Or minds usually wander, they go from here to there and then you get all worked up about the the things you should have said, are lost in thought, and only after a while do you eventually come back to consciousness. This is what Buddhists mean when they compare the mind to a young ape who jumps around and never sits still.

So, the goal of mindfulness is to not get lost in thoughts but to be aware of them as they arise. And not to "discriminate", that means: if you are angry, you are not supposed to jump up and focus even harder to make the anger go away, mentally fighting with tooth and nail, but accept it and be aware of it in consciousness without getting lost in thought then. "Do not focus on the light but be aware of the shadow", it is sometimes said. 

So - you sit with your spine erect, breath through your nose, pay attention to that breathing and every time your mind wanders, observe these phenomena as they appear in consciousness and then eventually GENTLY return to your breath. 

You can also count your breaths: one (in), two (out), three (in), for (out) FUCKIGN SHITCUNTS OH I WISH I HAD SAID ... one (in), two (out), I wish I had a gun so I wouldn't have to jump in front of a one (in), two (out) ... whenever your mind begins to wander you realize your thought and start over with one. 

Do that for 15 minutes each day or 30 minutes - AND instead of making it something special you only do once a week or so but then for an extended period of time, just make it a daily habit you do shorter but regularly. Do it slowly but regularly. Good luick!

[Edit: Apparently you can only add one video per post, so I added the longer version of the guided meditation and Goldstein's lecture on mindfulness simply as links.]

Use calm.com or the app, it's a good cope.

If you think you can bare super-flower-power meditation, you can find it almost anywhere. Any youtube meditator will try to convince you that if you focus on good things or focus in nothing at all things will be better in one way or another for you.
If you want a serious, realistic and almost cynical meditation system, you can try any of these two: Shinzen Young´s and David Chapman´s systems.
Good luck

I would recommend going down to your local library and borrowing some free books or DVDs which talk about this.
You might find that doing something like yoga or taichi is easier than just sitting though.
I find light exercise gets your mind off things easier than just sitting down.

Ultimately though you need a quiet place or normies with their inane conversations will break your peace.

@Fat Link why won't they stop arguing about cheese