Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

Serious How do I know if I'm autistic?

dOOmerbOI

dOOmerbOI

Azovcel
★★★
Ive never went to a therapist nor I was never diagnosed with anything.
How I can know I have autistic tendencies or behavior?

What I know is that I was extremely shy and nervous all my life. I have no difficulty with talking to strangers at the street (asking questions), but its very hard for me to speak with people at the phone or trough a screen. (Zoom)

Sometimes I get very anxious when I go shopping (buying clothes for example).
I never had a proper social life nor a real friendship. I only chat with people online nowadays. Furthermore I mostly never leave my house. Only for buying something or for work.
My parents always gas-lighted me saying I am normal child and its my fault for not socializing enough. I dont believe them.

What I am supposed to do?

Last edited:
Ive never went to a therapist nor I was never diagnosed with anything.
How I can know I have autistic tendencies or behavior?

What I know is that I was extremely shy and nervous all my life. I have no difficulty with talking to strangers at the street (asking questions), but its very hard for me to speak with people at the phone or trough a screen. (Zoom)

Sometimes I get very anxious when I go shopping (buying clothes for example).
I never had a proper social life nor a real friendship. I only chat with people online nowadays. Also I mostly never leave my house. Only for buying something or for work.
My parents always gas-lighted me saying I am normal child and its my fault for not socializing enough. I dont believe them.

What I am supposed to do?
I've had similar experiences throughout my own life brother and I likewise have never consulted with any professional psychologist or psychiatrists. While I don't have my copy of the DSM V on hand right now, I do know there is a fairly extensive section in there dealing with Autism spectrum disorders as well as selective mutism (the condition that afflicted VT shooter Cho) and manic depression, which I'm reasonably certain I suffer from and which exacerbates social anxiety and shyness generally. I would say that one indicator of it not being autism is that from what you described it sounds more situational and relative to certain types of conditions of social/psychological stimuli.

Only way to know for sure is getting diagnosed for it.

I've had similar experiences throughout my own life brother and I likewise have never consulted with any professional psychologist or psychiatrists. While I don't have my copy of the DSM V on hand right now, I do know there is a fairly extensive section in there dealing with Autism spectrum disorders as well as selective mutism (the condition that afflicted VT shooter Cho) and manic depression, which I'm reasonably certain I suffer from and which exacerbates social anxiety and shyness generally. I would say that one indicator of it not being autism is that from what you described it sounds more situational and relative to certain types of conditions of social/psychological stimuli.
I was bullied and my parents were hitting me with a belt a lot of times.

I was bullied and my parents were hitting me with a belt a lot of times.
Well that relates to self-confidence and fear of failure as well as possible self- hatred more then anything and it is probably a significant contributory factor to the conditions which you ascribe to a potential autism diagnosis. But as the guy above me said, the only way to definitively know is to get tested. Public schools and universities will do testing for free and it is always discrete since privacy laws require as much.

I think I'm autistic and probably borderline.

tru. the only reason I want a diagnosis is so I can get neetbux lol
Sadly I dont live in the US. The only people that can get free money in my country are illegal muslim niggers.

I think I'm autistic and probably borderline.

tru. the only reason I want a diagnosis is so I can get neetbux lol
Based and good luck with your diagnosis.

Just get a diagnosis. However if you’ve been a social outcast throughout your life that can induce autism like behaviors.