Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

How do I know if I have autism or aspergers?

If you havent realised until now you dont have it.

Get a diagnosis. Don’t diagnosis yourself like some faggot with a tumblr blog who wants to feel special would.

If you can make eye contact and have frequently used and understood sarcasm since a toddler you probably aren't autistic.

If you can make eye contact and have frequently used and understood sarcasm since a toddler you probably aren't autistic.
I can make eye contact but not without staring into the persons soul and creeping them out. So I usually just avoid eye contact tbh..

If you feel very uncomfortable and like everything you do is out of place when interacting with people, chances are you're a fellow aspie. For instance, whenever I interact with strangers, my eyebrows start to twitch

spare me @Ritalincel

I don't make eye contact and have social troubles, and very much like to do things a certain way. However, I use sarcasm and can often empathise with people so I doubt I'm autistic. If you're the same, OP, we both probably have something else.

Wait... not making eye contact is sign of autism? That's troubling.

Just by registering on this forum, there is a high chance that your are on the spectrum.

Do not diagnose yourself. See a doctor.
Wait... not making eye contact is sign of autism? That's troubling.
It one of the main signs.

Get a diagnosis. Don’t diagnosis yourself like some faggot with a tumblr blog who wants to feel special would.
My therapist (the one I’m in love with) thinks I have mild autism

Attachments

• NagaStop.jpg
    NagaStop.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 56
Ok, you got me really worried now. Now I am really considering getting diagnosed.
There are a few reliable tests online but the one the doctor will give you will be much more in depth.

You're most likely just aspergers if nobody has even noticed before. Either way if you get diagnosed you could maybe get autismbuxx

Lol, i cant make eye contact but i ca understand sarcasm.
(I'm not an autist btw, just saying)

Here's a couple of symptoms I would say are very indicative of Asperger's based on things I've experienced personally

-Very naïve and as a result are often taken advantage of, rejected, or bullied. Alternatively, extremely paranoid and reluctant to interact with anyone, severe trust issues, etc.

-Poor, or too intense, eye contact, atypical use of gestures and flat or inappropriate facial expressions

-Unaware of other people's thoughts, feelings or perceptions (can't intuitively tell just by looking at a person if they are angry, sad, upset, aroused, interested, bored, etc.). The few exceptions are when somebody is crying, laughing, shouting or frowning in an exaggerated way.

-Extremely bothered by strong sensory stimuli (itchy clothes, busy areas downtown, loud noises)

-Extremely bothered/infuriated by sudden changes or lack of structure (I once had a spergout because I got too much chocolate for christmas and didn't want to get fat).

-Unintentionally Interrupting people, or speaking too loud

-Obsessing over details during work and missing deadlines/taking too much time on tests

If you can stick your finger up up your butt then put it in your mouth and suck it without getting a boner you are autistic

Do not diagnose yourself. See a doctor.
The problem with doctors is that, unless you act like Rain Man, they will not diagnose you as being on the autism spectrum. They'll just attribute your problems to depression or social anxiety.

The problem with doctors is that, unless you act like Rain Man, they will not diagnose you as being on the autism spectrum. They'll just attribute your problems to depression or social anxiety.
I brought it up to my doctor and she ordered a test for me to take like 350 questions.

No good doctor will just tell you you're wrong. They will test you

If you can stick your finger up up your butt then put it in your mouth and suck it without getting a boner you are autistic
yum

I brought it up to my doctor and she ordered a test for me to take like 350 questions.

No good doctor will just tell you you're wrong. They will test you
I've taken some of these "tests". Unfortunately, they don't objectively evaluate whether you're on the spectrum. Rather, they ask subjective questions that can have multiple answers. They're kind of like pop psychology questions.
It would be far more useful and accurate to administer a test that scientifically measures your involuntary reactions to various stimuli. I'm sure that neurotypicals and aspies differ greatly in this regard. With a test like that, you can't skew your results.

I've taken some of these "tests". Unfortunately, they don't objectively evaluate whether you're on the spectrum. Rather, they ask subjective questions that can have multiple answers. They're kind of like pop psychology questions.
It would be far more useful and accurate to administer a test that scientifically measures your involuntary reactions to various stimuli. I'm sure that neurotypicals and aspies differ greatly in this regard. With a test like that, you can't skew your results.
They were true/false questions. And the fact that they dont just go off the test they take other stuff into account for a disgnosis

Aspies are way more OCD about how everything is and are usually antisocial. Autists just have a deficiency in the way they learn stuff.

They were true/false questions. And the fact that they dont just go off the test they take other stuff into account for a disgnosis
These "true or false" tests are notorious for resulting in inaccurate diagnoses.
For example, I can answer "true" on a day when I'm feeling down, and "false" when I'm feeling upbeat, resulting in different test scores entirely. These tests are just too damn flakey and subjective. They seem as if they were designed by women. Don't trust them at all.

What other stuff would they take into account besides a test?

It's funny how every other field of medicine depends on scientific laboratory tests to determine a condition (blood tests, urine samples, biopsies, etc.), while the psychiatry field is still stuck in the Middle Ages, relying on silly paper 'tests' and touchy feely oral questioning.

These "true or false" tests are notorious for resulting in inaccurate diagnoses.
For example, I can answer "true" on a day when I'm feeling down, and "false" when I'm feeling upbeat, resulting in different test scores entirely. These tests are just too damn flakey and subjective. They seem as if they were designed by women. Don't trust them at all.

What other stuff would they take into account besides a test?

It's funny how every other field of medicine depends on scientific laboratory tests to determine a condition (blood tests, urine samples, biopsies, etc.), while the psychiatry field is still stuck in the Middle Ages, relying on silly paper 'tests' and touchy feely oral questioning.
Like the years of therapy I've been in. And my parents filling out forms about me from childhood.

And the test was completely accurate

Like the years of therapy I've been in. And my parents filling out forms about me from childhood.

And the test was completely accurate
You don't know with 100% certainty whether your diagnosis is accurate, as the doctors are basing their evaluation on testimony from you and your parents, which is often unreliable.
What we need is the equivalent of a cancer biopsy, or Hepatitis blood test for autism. At the very least, we need a paper test that doesn't rely on subjectivity. I remember seeing something like this online once. One of the questions on the test asked you to observe a dot moving on a screen and follow it with the pointer of your mouse (something like that; I don't remember the details). The results were based on your nervous system reactions and your hand/eye movements.

In the future there will be cheap genetic tests for autism and Aspergers. Facial computer analysis can also reveal autistic traits.

I agree with Red Pill Rage, the Asperger diagnosis is highly subjective and unscientific.