Welcome to Incels.is - Involuntary Celibate Forum

Welcome! This is a forum for involuntary celibates: people who lack a significant other. Are you lonely and wish you had someone in your life? You're not alone! Join our forum and talk to people just like you.

SuicideFuel How do I give up my dreams of going to FAANG?

mistersinister

mistersinister

New Creation
★★★★★
I originally wanted to work in New York and Google and work a cushy office job, but it seems like the more I see it the more I am further away from that goal. I want to do some cushy office jobs man

stem exists for a reason
if you didnt take it shits on u

Grind leetcode(blind 75, grokking the coding interview patterns, 1 problem daily for a year plus goes pretty far), max out English skills, learn system design. Have a strategy to get referrals, make some impressive projects to brag about on resume. etc.

Grind leetcode(blind 75, grokking the coding interview patterns, 1 problem daily for a year plus goes pretty far), max out English skills, learn system design. Have a strategy to get referrals, make some impressive projects to brag about on resume. etc.
Cracking the coding interview is a good addition. My TA recommended me this book when I was taking undergrad OS. He read the book religiously while doing leetcode. I forgot exactly where he went but he definitely found himself a very decent job.

Cracking the coding interview is a good addition. My TA recommended me this book when I was taking undergrad OS. He read the book religiously while doing leetcode. I forgot exactly where he went but he definitely found himself a very decent job.
CTCI is shit imo. I dropped it 1/2 way thru. Not enough patterns, too unstructured weak explanations. Elements of the programming interview Mogs. Also EPI uses Python which is more suitable for these interviews than Java from my testing.

CTCI is shit imo. I dropped it 1/2 way thru. Not enough patterns, too unstructured weak explanations. Elements of the programming interview Mogs. Also EPI uses Python which is more suitable for these interviews than Java from my testing.
Fair. I like CTCI because it comes with lots of practice problems with full solutions, but it's also the only book that I've ever read so I don't know what alternatives are available.
Either way, I think it's always good to have at least one implementation-focused algorithm/data structure book. Industry jobs don't usually require very rigorous reasoning about time complexity and correctness. Standard textbooks like CLRS are usually overkill.

Fair. I like CTCI because it comes with lots of practice problems with full solutions, but it's also the only book that I've ever read so I don't know what alternatives are available.
Either way, I think it's always good to have at least one implementation-focused algorithm/data structure book. Industry jobs don't usually require very rigorous reasoning about time complexity and correctness. Standard textbooks like CLRS are usually overkill.
For FAANG++ and Quant firms imo, it is worth learning via CLRS or other try hard book. I plan on reading thru it at some point. I got to Online assessment of my target company(quant firm which pays 200k+ ) just to get mogged by the questions they gave. I passed one but second one was some leetcode hard equivalent.

Unfortunately competition is extreme for the actual good paying companies and I approximate 400 leetcode(100 easy, 200 medium, 100 hard) is needed after your done with a solid foundation in DSA/language syntax. My long term goal in a year is to be able to do LC hards within 20-25 min, LC mediums in 15-20, LC easy in 10-15. As the standards have gotten really high nowadays.

Nothing cushy about it. Competition is extreme.

Unfortunately competition is extreme for the actual good paying companies and I approximate 400 leetcode(100 easy, 200 medium, 100 hard) is needed after your done with a solid foundation in DSA/language syntax. My long term goal in a year is to be able to do LC hards within 20-25 min, LC mediums in 15-20, LC easy in 10-15. As the standards have gotten really high nowadays.
Brutal. Reading through the entire book is gonna be a huge time sink. I took a grad level algo course and it barely covered a quarter of CLRS. Having to solve problems under a strict time limit reminds me of the stressful days as a student. I'll stick to my current job for as long as possible.

For FAANG++ and Quant firms imo, it is worth learning via CLRS or other try hard book. I plan on reading thru it at some point. I got to Online assessment of my target company(quant firm which pays 200k+ ) just to get mogged by the questions they gave. I passed one but second one was some leetcode hard equivalent.

is the standard lower for foids (even not attractive ones) and LBGTQADFDFVDSFADW++ people? Because I know of a lot of low IQ people who fall under those categories and make bank at like Google and shit as coders.

is the standard lower for foids (even not attractive ones) and LBGTQADFDFVDSFADW++ people? Because I know of a lot of low IQ people who fall under those categories and make bank at like Google and shit as coders.
yes it is probably 30-50% easier for a foid + LGBTQ++ black/Hispanic I'd say on average.